Bloodstain LIE(s) not applying and changing tint of clothing [SOLVED]

suffo85suffo85 Posts: 155

So I tried to search for the product's commercial forum, SY A Big Mess, but just get a ton of results that have nothing to do with the product or the issue (every thread containing the letter "A" shows up).

Basically I'm trying to apply the product's Layered LIE Blood Tile for Clothes and Hair to clothing items, and on some items it works, on other items it either changes the tint of the item to make it look cloudy with the blood, sometimes completely without the blood at all but still changes the tint.

How am I misusing the product?  I'm selecting my Surfaces tool, highlighting the surface I want to use the product on, and then double clicking the Layered item from my library. 

Seriously confused as to why it's changing the entire tint of items as well..?  Attaching two images, one before applying the LIE and one with the LIE applied.  The one with the LIE applied shows that no blood was added to the surface but the entire color of the item has been changed... I don't get it?

withoutLIE00.jpg
3840 x 2160 - 529K
withLIE00.jpg
3840 x 2160 - 519K
Post edited by suffo85 on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,703

If you double-click it, it will aplly to all surfaces, for the selected clothing.

If you hold <Ctrl> while clicking, you will get an option to only apply to selected surfaces.

• suffo85suffo85 Posts: 155

felis said:

If you double-click it, it will aplly to all surfaces, for the selected clothing.

If you hold <Ctrl> while clicking, you will get an option to only apply to selected surfaces.

Thanks, I tried this just now but it still resulted in the the item changing color where the LIE was applied. :(

Have you tried to render?

The viewport is only a rough representation of the materials.

edited February 24

felis said:

Have you tried to render?

The viewport is only a rough representation of the materials.

Sadly yes, it still changes the color of the item to a cloudy appearance even when it does apply the blood effect.  I've been pouring over the Surfaces tab to see if it's changing any settings but it only applies the LIE to the base texture and adds a bump map.  I tried removing the bump map to see if that had something to do with the tint changing but it doesn't.

LIEonarmor00.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1009K
    LIEchangingcolor00.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 136K
    Post edited by suffo85 on

After messing with this for a really long time, I finally discovered the LIE is actually changing the Gamma when it's applied in the LIE Editor.  I'm not sure why it's doing that, but setting Gamma to default fixes it.  I have to do this to everything the LIE is applied to.  I suppose that's still better than manually editing the textures...

Thanks for trying to help felis. :)

Yeah - changing the gamma is a bit strange. Might be that DS has done some changes, so it works differently than when created.

But good you found a solution.