Sparrowhawke's Plugins Not Working?

AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165
edited December 2015 in Carrara Discussion

A small problem, but I consider his Edge Falloff shader essential to my work.  Truth be told, I could use it right now.

It's just, none of his plugins are showing up, no modifiers, no shader subtrees, nada.  All my other third party plugs seem to be working, from Inagoni to Fenric, so what gives?

If worst comes to worst, is there a shader plug that does the same thing as his Edge Falloff shader?  If so, thanks.

ETA: Goblins.  It's goblins.  I added his latest plug, the Instance Randomizer, and suddenly it shows up, with the Edge Falloff in tow.  So I guess fixed, I just had to beat the little munchkins into submission. XD

Post edited by AeonicB on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

I have a feeling that you've upgraded from 8.1 (or something else) up to 8.5, am I right?

If so, copy over the "Extensions" folder from the older Carrara to the new one, and don't overwrite anything. Should be good to go.

• Maybe not, Dan. Some plugins need to be for a specific version of Carrara. Not sure about Sparrowhawkes...
  • AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165
    Maybe not, Dan. Some plugins need to be for a specific version of Carrara. Not sure about Sparrowhawkes...

Read the Edit.  I updated over a year ago, it's something that started in the last week.  Turns out it was goblins, hiding them from me, and the moment I installed his newest (the Instance Randomizer), it showed back up.

I really have no answers. :)