A good tutorial that talk on use camera and sequenzer, for freebies

Hi, I search a good tutorial. My actual problem are the camera with sequencer. My usually error is that when i move me in the space and use the sequencer often i do mistakes. I do the caos.

Or when i resize the object in the scene and in the meantime i actived many frame, after i have the render scene with this resize.

Please a good tutorial

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 2015

Sorry not sure if the question

1) always use directors camera when setting up a scene

when happy, select your camera (top left in window where it says camera 1), a drop down window will appear set it to directors camera.

director's camera is not animatable, cameras are.

2) you lose something and cant find it

select it in the instances list on the lower right

then hit number '0', it will frame it in your viewpoint

3) if you go out control with the camera 1 and it is at eg 3000 percent,

click on it again in top right then set it to itself and it will go back to 100 percent

4)use VIEW>production plane and you will see what is in your frame

Post edited by Headwax on
  • When building your scene, use the Director's camera. It is not a render camera and doesn't animate. To use it, click the white lettering at the top left corner of the Assembly Room window that says, Camera 1. When you click the word, Camera 1, a drop down menu will appear. Put your mouse arrow over the Director's Camera and it should highlight. Click again, and the white lettering will change to Director's Camera.

Note that when you next open the scene, your view will be back to Camera 1, and the Director Camera's postion will be reset to its original spot. Your render camera will be where you left it.

If you find an angle that you like while using the Director's Camera, and you want to render from that spot, select your render camera (default Camera 1) as described above, by clicking the white text, then selecting your render camera. Once that is done, and your view changes to the render camera, then click the white letters again and select, Set Position To--> Director's Camera. If you have moved the play head in the Sequencer to any point along the timeline, a keyframe will be generated and cause the camera to move. If you do not want that, make sure the play head is set to the very beginning of the timeline.

Picture 1.png
    214 x 147 - 17K
    Picture 2.png
    365 x 351 - 54K
    Picture 3.png
    781 x 553 - 90K
  • ok, tnks. Very clear

• Here is an additional option to get rid of unwanted camera moves:

Take a look at the sequenzer and find the camera (it is usually on top of the list under "univers"). All the black triangles you see here are keyframes that might indicate unintended camera moves. You can delete them one by one by clicking on them (the colour changes to yellow) and simply press "delete": they are gone!

Just in case you like one of the positions and want to have it from start on: delete what you don't like and push your choice to the start.

The same works with resized objects and the like......

camerainsequenzer.jpg
    1200 x 540 - 288K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Another cool trick:

Select the object that you cannot find

Go Edit > Send to Origin

If this doesn't snap the object into the center of space, try this:

Select the object you cannot find

Go Edit > Center Hotpoint

Go Edit > Send to Origin

Bam, the item should end up right in the center of the workspace.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

A little trick I stumbled across while trying to find a use for the Moonlight  motion option - discussed in another current thread  - if you have messed up keyframes, change the motion type to Moonlight - poof, keyframes gone!

Change back to keyframed with a clean slate:)