An error occurred while reading the file

So I'm brand new to DAZ Studio (I'm a Revit guy who decided to dabble in 3D modeling), and I'm having some issues with loading assets I've downloaded from various 3D modelling sites. When I try to load this hair model (https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/84483/noelle-hair) into my G8F (I do have the G8F selected when I try to load it in), it tells me "an error occurred while reading the file, check the log..." so I checked the log (see attachment for screenshot) and it says "Error loading asset: C:/Users/miles/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Content/data/Reizibarrientos/Noelhair/NoelHair/TemperascenceNoelHair_42597.dsf" then "Operation Failed" in the next line.

I also get the exact same error message in the log file whenever I try to load a different hair model I downloaded from another site.

Not sure if it matters but the way I'm loading in these downloaded assets is by putting them in the Studio/My Library/Content folder and then going to find them in the "Content Library" tab within DAZ and double clicking the model (in this case it's a .DSF file).

I've tried googling to find the solution to no avail, and I'm sure it's probably something fairly obvious that I'm missing, so if anyone could give me a hand I'd greatly appreciate it!

Screenshot 2024-02-28 092938.png
1112 x 313 - 43K

Comments

• You are loading \People\Genesis 8 Female\Hair\Reizibarrientos\TemperascencseNoelHair? The .dsf file should not be laoded directly, and should not be visible in the Content Library pane.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,524

miles.n.frank2 said:

C:/Users/miles/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Content/data/Reizibarrientos/Noelhair/NoelHair/TemperascenceNoelHair_42597.dsf"

The "Content" folder in the path is something that should not be there.
    The correct path would be C:/Users/miles/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/Reizibarrientos/Noelhair/NoelHair/TemperascenceNoelHair_42597.dsf"

Although it is generally a bad idea to save DS Content into "C:/Users/miles/OneDrive/..."