Glowing beach bundle - Polish "doesn't render after Daz update"

Hi guys, not sure if it's just me but I am unable to render any asset scenes/props of "Glowing beach bundle" by Polish. As soon, I enable iray preview, it's goes into an endless cycle of preparing scene but never renders anything. The issue started after I updated Daz to latest version 4.22. I had similar issue with "Honeymoon resort bundle" which is another Polish product. Thankfully, I simply reinstalled the product after the Daz update and it worked. I guess they haven't realised a fix for "Glowing beach bundle". I emailed Daz technical help but haven't got any response. Anyone know what could be the issue or how long does it take for Daz technical support to respond? Thanks

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,462

Have you checked your program log for errors?

• Xeni88Xeni88 Posts: 12

Have you checked your program log for errors?

No, how do I access that?
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,462

Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File

It's a good place to start if something is up, as it may have more details, or at least tell you at what point in the process it's failing.

Matt_Castle said:

It's a good place to start if something is up, as it may have more details, or at least tell you at what point in the process it's failing.

2024-02-28 19:22:36.417 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.5   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080): Not enough memory for kernel launches (631.723 MiB (631.723 MiB) required, 0 B available). Cannot allocate framebuffer.
    2024-02-28 19:22:36.418 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.6   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080): Failed to setup device frame buffer
    2024-02-28 19:22:36.418 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.6   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080): Device failed while rendering
    2024-02-28 19:22:36.418 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.6   IRAY   rend warn : CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080) ran out of memory and is temporarily unavailable for rendering.
    2024-02-28 19:22:36.480 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.6   IRAY   rend warn : All available GPUs failed.
    2024-02-28 19:22:36.480 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.6   IRAY   rend error: Fallback to CPU not allowed.
    2024-02-28 19:22:36.480 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.6   IRAY   rend warn : Re-rendering iteration because of device failure
    2024-02-28 19:22:36.481 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.6   IRAY   rend error: All workers failed: aborting render
    2024-02-28 19:22:36.481 [ERROR] Iray :: Internal rendering error.

What does this mean? It is strange because I didn't have this issue with Daz 4.21

• Your GPU ran out of RAM and CPU fallback is disabled so the render failed.

Matt_Castle said:

All right, you helped to find a solution. I enabled the "fallback to CPU allowed". Now it renders with no issue. Thank you so much for responding!!

zombietaggerung said:

Your GPU ran out of RAM and CPU fallback is disabled so the render failed.

You are correct! Enabled it, now it's working

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 874
    edited February 29

Xeni88 I just recently did a series of renders using this set for a music video and used Scene Optimizer on it first. That made it possible to fit the set (and 2 characters) on my GPU for the renders. I didn't really notice any drop in quality. It's a beautiful set, but resource intensive. If you don't have Scene Optimizer but are interested in it, it's on sale right now.

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
    edited March 1

SapphireBlue said:

Xeni88 I just recently did a series of renders using this set for a music video and used Scene Optimizer on it first. That made it possible to fit the set (and 2 characters) on my GPU for the renders. I didn't really notice any drop in quality. It's a beautiful set, but resource intensive. If you don't have Scene Optimizer but are interested in it, it's on sale right now.

Good point. I have been browsing some other threads and there are suggestions on few other plugins with similar features. Now, I am thoroughly confused on which one is a better option; Camera View Optimizer, Scene Optimizer or Instancify?

Btw, great music video!

Post edited by Xeni88 on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,304
    edited March 1

Xeni88 said:

Now, I am thoroughly confused on which one is a better option; Camera View Optimizer, 
    Scene Optimizer or Instancify?

They all help optimizing resources used in your scene, but in different ways.

• Instancify will replace duplicated props by instances, so it reduces the polygon count. Pretty useful for a scene which uses modular building blocks to create an environment, for example.
    • Scene Optimizer helps you optimize the texture maps and subdivision levels used. For example, for an item in the background which will cover like 10x10 pixels in the final render, there's no need for a 4k texture map as you wouldn't see those details anyway, so you can reduce the texture size (and VRAM used).
    • Camera View Optimizer will remove items which would not be seen from the camera's point of view, so you don't send the geometry and textures for them to the render engine.
    Post edited by Leana on
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 874

Thanks Xeni88! Leana explained it really well. The only thing I can add is to plan it out based on your use case.

If you're planning to use it for multiple renders and will be moving the camera around a lot and don't want things set in stone, it's easier to apply Scene Optimizer to the set and save that to use as your starting point each time.

If you know you want just one particular camera view and it's single render etc, and you don't want to sacrifice any quality since you're rendering it out at high res etc. Camera View Optimizer is a better option.

If you're system gets easily bogged down, you can use both together! I don't think the set had many duplicated props, so instanctify might not be as useful here. 

Thanks Xeni88! Leana explained it really well. The only thing I can add is to plan it out based on your use case.

If you're planning to use it for multiple renders and will be moving the camera around a lot and don't want things set in stone, it's easier to apply Scene Optimizer to the set and save that to use as your starting point each time.

If you know you want just one particular camera view and it's single render etc, and you don't want to sacrifice any quality since you're rendering it out at high res etc. Camera View Optimizer is a better option.

If you're system gets easily bogged down, you can use both together! I don't think the set had many duplicated props, so instanctify might not be as useful here. 

Thank you both for clarifying that. Makes sense now. Scene optimizer seems to have more feature to work with
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 591
    edited March 2

I'm still on DS 4.21 because I read other posts that said newer versions of DS use more VRAM for the same scenes. Is it getting worse with each update? Is that why the scene wouldn't fit in the VRAM after updating? I'm hesitant to update until a new version of DS is able to optimize scenes better again.

Post edited by Quasar on

Quasar said:

I'm still on DS 4.21 because I read other posts that said newer versions of DS use more VRAM for the same scenes. Is it getting worse with each update? Is that why the scene wouldn't fit in the VRAM after updating? I'm hesitant to update until a new version of DS is able to optimize scenes better again.

If I knew earlier then I wouldn't have updated to 4.22. If I was you then I would stick with 4.21 for along long as I can. I haven't seen any noticeable benefits to 4.22 other than loading times have improved on startup. I hate that Daz doesn't allow you to downgrade the version