Help with the versions of genisis and their morphs

OK I recently started to work with daz studio 4.8 now 4.9 beta. I want to download lots of morphs and add ons and such. But their descriptions throw me through a loop. When they say Victoria 4, Victoria 5, Victoria 6 and Victoria 7...what does that mean. I prefer to use the genesis 3 base map and props, clothes and such. But I don't want to buy the wrong ones for what I am using already. especially poses as I notice that some of the older poses will not work with out many alterations to the pose given. So if some one could help me clarify what each version is for what genesis, I would be your best friend forever lol :)

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,066

Victoria 4 and Michael 4 were the last of the pre-genesis character mesh designs. Virtually all other "<something> 4" characters were based on V4 or M4 - but the process was a bit convoluted, so you ended up with clothing for "<something> 4" and a Unimesh exspansion pack for the item to allow it to be used on the rest of the -4 series characters of the same sex. Then we got Genesis, and the -5 series characters. And Genesis 2, and the -6 series characters. And now Genesis 3 and the -7 series characters.

Or - V4 and M4 were the fourth generation of DAZ base characters; Genesis is the fifth generation, Genesis 2 is the sixth generation, and Genesis 3 is the seventh (and current) generation.

With the advent of Genesis and Studio 4 we got auto-fit which makes moving clothing from previous generations to the current much easier. And the design pretty much allows any clothing from generation 5 up to fit on any other character of that generation - although gender crossing on genesis 2 and genesis 3 can have issues on some outfits.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Victoria 4 is before Genesis.

Victoria 5 goes with Genesis.

Victoria 6 igoes with Genesis 2.

Victoria 7 is the newest for Genesis 3.  All other 7 series (Karen, etc) are also for Genesis 3.  Anything that is made for V7 (Victoria) should work on any of hte other 7s or base G3F. (poses, clothing, etc...skins are another matter. because some things require different UV sets...lkie Karen is a different UV set than Victoria), but once you have that UV set (Karen 7;s UVs come with her).

• Than bunch for the info peeps. Really clears things up as I just recently started working with DAZ and other 3d modeling softwares. Im taking it that lots of the V4 stuff like poses and wardrobes wont work well with Gen3. At least I cant get them to work correctly without some add on to help. I dont have a lot of models to work with but I like using body morphs to make my own characters. Just need head morphs now for DAZ. Tho I am learning quit a bit with blender, mostly for making my own clothes for my characters I make.