Glowing Effect

Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
edited February 29 in Bryce Discussion

I created this "Ring of Fire" with the Ivy Generator. Now I wonder, if it is possible to add a glowing effect? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Ring of Fire

RingOfFire.jpg
875 x 875 - 235K
Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,128
    edited February 29

Electro-Elvis - very nice "Ring of Fire". Four years ago I made a render with a glowing Bryce tree (below upper part). The material used (below lower part). It shows the the leaves texture (green), and for the trunk it is the same, just channel A is different, shown at left (brown).
    It is only lit by specularity amplified with a phased hyper texture (PHT) in Ch D. The specular comes from an HDRI with a dynamic range of around 2700:1, Specularity 300 and HDRI Effect 0. The sun in the example is behind the tree, also with Specular 300 and Diffuse 0.
    I got the idea for the example render from here: https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/Spec-to-TA-Light.pdf
    If you have not made a PHT, here is how it is done in a minute or two: https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/PhasedHT.pdf

Example4EE

I forgot to mention the render settings. Please see below. Rendering takes a bit of time. Another important detail: Even if there is no HDRI Effect, True ambience optimization must be disabled (arrow right of HDRI Effect).

RO4EE

Example4EE.jpg
    640 x 1020 - 173K
    RO4EE.jpg
    663 x 347 - 45K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003

Electro-Elvis awesome ring of fire. Thanks for mentioning the Ivy Generator.

Horo lovely glowing effect

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,103

Electro-Elvis : very well done ring of fire.

Horo : fantastic glowing effect.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,128

Thank you mermaid and adbc. I made it on 24 April 2004 - it's been a while...

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846

Horo, mermaid010, adbc: Thanks a lot. I will try out your hints as soon as I have a bit more time.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,757

Nice effects, Elvis and Horo

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,839

Awesome effect Horo and Electro!  This should be a challenge.