Audio

I've been at this for abouy 9 months now and I'm about ready to figure out how to add some audio to this shindig....

I have not had much luck just finding pre-made audio files.....let alone the manner in which they are used....

Anyone got any good tips?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871

use a video editor

unless it's for lipsync doing it in DAZ Studio is a world of unneeded pain

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,905

WendyLuvsCatz said:

use a video editor

unless it's for lipsync doing it in DAZ Studio is a world of unneeded pain

Just use an old 32-bit edition of DAZ Studio.

I have old 4.9 set up exclusively for that purpose, with a single click I can start a session and have all the lipsynch stuff in front of me in few seconds. wink

About the audio, you can use a single 16-bit uncompressed audio file in DAZ Studio. Go under Edit->Audio and select your file. You can also set where it will start. If you render in video format, it will be automatically added to the video clip.

Another method is to use AniMate2, add one or more "dull" props in the scene (like small cubes) select it and in the AniMate2 pane click on the big "+" on the left to add it to its timeline, then right click on the new cube element in AniMate2 and select "add audio block" to select an audio file. You can add as many audios you want, but as I can see, you can't "reposition" it aloing the timeline.

The third method is to use the AniSound plugin. It will allow you to use as many sound files you want (with nice effects), move them along the timeline but you have to "bake" the audios using the internal exporter.