Content Wizard DSX errors

Today I tried to install some of my old ZIP packages using the script, all is set correctly, the zip file is correctly recognized and all the things inside it are ready but when I click "Install Smart Content" I get an error about a missing DSX file and the process stops installing nothing in my system.

What's wrong?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

Make sure there's no Unicode character in both path and ZIP file name (only ASCII characters are accepted...)... then Analyze, Install Content and Install Smart Content. And post the log if possible...

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,905

crosswind said:

Make sure there's no Unicode character in both path and ZIP file name (only ASCII characters are accepted...)... then Analyze, Install Content and Install Smart Content. And post the log if possible...

No odd chars in ZIPs names, only numbers, letters and few underscores.

Anyway, for some reason it suddenly started "working" correctly. I literally changed nothing and it worked properly from a run to the other, I dunno!

Anyway, I got another issue: Even if I set all the categories correctly and the preview of the Smart Content shows all the right categorizations, when I install the zip, first with the "Content" button and then with the "Smart Content" one, the files are installed BUT no categorization happens.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

OK, that's good since it works!

As for the "another issue", I only encountered the similar issue when the CMS connection was for some reason lost...  Pls check the CMS connection... (and you cannot see the installed product in Smart Content if cms connection is lost...)

And also, pls go to runtime\support folder, search DSX file of the installed product (by SKU or name...), see if DSX file was sucessfully created or not... If it was, check it with Notepad++ and re-import the dsx file by using the script in this thread - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/618456/add-to-smart-content

Then try another installation of a product with Content Wizard...