Genesis 9 Eye shut weird

im not sure if im posting this in the correct place as i dont come to the forums often. i was resently setting up a scene with a gen 9 character and applied an expression with closed eyes. and to my horror the eyes only shut in the middle of the eye lid. leaving the outter and inner lids open. i was able to get them to shut by manual adjustments however this got me to wondering why this happend. and upon using the joint editor i compaired it to a gen 8.1 character and found out why. the gen 9 character only has 1 bone per eyelid where as the gen 8.1 has 5. why is this and does anyone else have this issue. is there an easy fix for this? or do i just learn how to add bones to fix it.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 140557.png
1455 x 1486 - 1M
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,064

Since it's an issue with a particular piece of content rather than the Daz Studio application it is better in Technical Help, to which i have moved it.

That looks as if there is a morph chnaging the eye shape which lacks, or has lost, the corrective morph that fires when the eyes are closed and the morph is applied. That may be an issue with one of the shapes you have applied, or it may be that you have exported a figure with multiple morphs applied and imported as a new morph, to back them to a single property, which breaks all kinds of adjustments and is therefore not recommended.

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

This could also be the opposite thing, which is a corrective morph for a specific character which is activating when it shouldn't. A lot of G9 characters seem to have this problem. So if this isn't a character you exported and then reimported as a new morph, the thing I would recommend is going through the "currently used" dials in the parameters tab and looking for dials with "blink" and the name of a character who isn't currently activated in their names. If you find any of those, try turning them down to zero.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited March 3

You don't need to learn how to add bones to fix it... just follow what Ninefold suggested to check if there's any corrective properties unexpectly dialed, with Show Hidden Properties by the way. It seems an issue coming from some morph dials (with wrong setup of 2nd stage control...) rather than joints or rigging...

Besides, joints on G9 have been optimized. As for such a case of eyelids control, two bones on upper / lower eyelid are enough for human figures.

Post edited by crosswind on