HEAT plugin - animations start always from the center of the grid

Good morning everyone, I'm doing some animation tests with the HEAT plugin, when I load an animation on the character G8M  in Daz, this always starts from the center of the grid. If I try to move the character to another position, when the animation starts it always returns to the center point and starts from that position. Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem? Thank you

Comments

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,191
    edited March 8

ale.bersanetti said:

Good morning everyone, I'm doing some animation tests with the HEAT plugin, when I load an animation on the character G8M  in Daz, this always starts from the center of the grid. If I try to move the character to another position, when the animation starts it always returns to the center point and starts from that position. Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem? Thank you

Did you find a soution to this? I am having the same problem. 

Post edited by RexRed on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,527

If you put the character in a group, you should be able to move the group where you want the character to be.

Otherwise, in general it is better to have the character close to the origin and adjust everything around it accordingly.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,191

PerttiA said:

If you put the character in a group, you should be able to move the group where you want the character to be.

Otherwise, in general it is better to have the character close to the origin and adjust everything around it accordingly.

This is an amazing tip PerttiA, I thank you very kindly fror sharing this helpful information! yes

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited March 10

If so, I would say the animations from HEAT were wrongly made or saved for DS... Values of Transforms should've been on Hip node rather than root node of Genesis figure. It'll bring trouble to the users.

Animation products from Daz store don't have such an issue. PAs are not allowed to set Transforms values on figure's root node when making Pose or Animation products. Wrong settings cannot pass QA...

An alternative we handle this sort of issue: Transfer the values from root node to Hip node by using Body 2 Hip script in this awesome product from 3D Universe - https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-animation-tools--set-1 Then delete the keyframes on Transforms of root node...Then you can freely move the figure to anywhere.

Post edited by crosswind on