error with Genesis8Male.dsf

MouserMouser Posts: 675

This error has kind of come out of the blue, can anyone advise as to a solution?

When I load either Genesis 8 Male or Genesis 8.1 Male I get the following.

Error /data/ziadhoops/Product/2/Genesis8Male.dsf

After this one of my CPU threads goes full out even if I remove the character from the scene and DS interface becomes sluggish as it takes many minutes for any clik to register.

Nothing found in the log file?

Thanks for any advise;)

David

Post edited by Mouser on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,260

The compatibility base for G8M has likely been hijacked by another product (bets are on that ziadhoops), which now points to the file in your error message. You can redefine it by re-installing Genesis 8 Male Starter Essentials. That does not correct the source of the problem, though. Whatever that product is, it needs to be corrected. It should not be defining a compatibility base if using an existing base.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675
    edited March 3

I have sent a message to ziadhoops and I'll see if it can be resolved.

I searched in the forums and apparently I'm not the only one headbutting this one.

I wish vendors would test their products on a vanila install, it would save so much bother for both the customer and the vendor.

Post edited by Mouser on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,260

Did re-installing the Essentials clear it up?

Unfortunatly no, I uninstalled & re-installed but same error.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited March 3

You may check the solution within this thread - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7912721/#Comment_7912721

Post edited by crosswind on

Removing the aaaaa.dsf file seems to work.

Thanks;)