Do Decimator and Scene Optimizer work with Genesis 9?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,191

Do Decimator and Scene Optimizer work with Genesis 9?

I am looking to make a workflow where I can take my Genesis 9 figures, run them through Decimator (for low lod geometry) and Scene optimizer (for fewer and/or lower lod texture maps) (temporarily) 

so I can animate them without the major lag currently associated with animating in Daz Studio. Then, once I have my animations in place, I can undo decimator and scene optimizer

and then, per my workflow, work with clothing, simulate dforce and start building a scene around my animated figures. 

Any suggestions on how this is done? Do Decimator and Scene Optimizer work with Gen 9 figures and/or if there is another way to reduce lod (level of detail) of Gen 9 figures for the figure animation phase of scene design?

It would be nice if there was a way to get figures to smoothly display basic expressions and basic ballpark body positions. (like Character Creator, Iclone and Unreal do.)

Then at some point in the workflow bring back my high definition geometry and also bring back the multi layered textures.

How about baking all the layers or only a few of the layers into one single layer, how much would this  degrade the overall quality of the Daz Characters?

If this could be done temporarily so the animation phase could be done and then restoring the layers before render. This seems like the way to go.

Currently the jerky playback where, with a 3090, I get to see every 100th frame (in wireframe mode) is simply not good enough.

My Gen 9 figure has only got underwear on (that is it) and they animate on a 3090 like molasses in Daz...

Suggestions please?

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050

Decimator and scene optimizer work on any 3D model, so yes they would work with G9.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,191

Leana said:

Decimator and scene optimizer work on any 3D model, so yes they would work with G9.

I just did a test on Decimator and it does work on Genesis 9, very nicely. It is pretty easy to use as well. Thanks for the answers Leana! 

Great news!