Created G9 Character Different on Re-Creation

I have a G9 character that I created using facial morphs from several different characters. I think that I started the creation using the G9 base figure and added morphs onto it. This character has gone through a lot of tweaking while trying to come up with a character I liked.

I decided to recreate the character using the currently used morphs in the above character, starting from the base G9 character. After finishing, this "new character" has a similar but definitely different face than the above originally created character. Both of these characters have identical styling morphs in place, same skin, etc. But they look different. I'd like to be able to recreate the original character if needed...

Would having started from an existing character (which I might have done, can't remember) make the face different than starting out with the base G9? Or other thoughts on how this facial difference is possible with the same morphs in use?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

Nope... there'll be no difference if you apply the same morphs with same values no matter starting from a G9 Base figure or a G9 character.

You can simply save a Shaping Preset from the 1st character, then load the preset on G9 Base.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,090

Are these just morphs applied, or custom morphs created in a modeller, or morphs exported as OBJ and loaded as new, combined morphs (in wichc ase yes, sequence could matter - and it isn't the only issue with this approach).

• FablerFabler Posts: 19

Richard Haseltine said:

Are these just morphs applied, or custom morphs created in a modeller, or morphs exported as OBJ and loaded as new, combined morphs (in wichc ase yes, sequence could matter - and it isn't the only issue with this approach).

These are just applied morphs, not custom morphs from a modeller or imported morph OBJ files. 

Is there somewhere else I should look for morph differences besides Currently Used in Parameters and Shaping?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,090

Currently used shows properties with non-zero, non-default values - if you load a character preset then it will set the default values to the current values, so those shapes will not appear in Currently Used.