Sci-Fi Web Comic Blog

GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,053
edited December 1969 in The Commons

A few months ago I started a Blog featuring my web comic called "The Final Froniter". It's about a group of explorers who have been assigned the task of trying to find a suitable planet for the inhabitants of Earth to relocate. The reason they are relocating is that they've discovered that Earth's sun is dying. The Odyssey is just one of twelve ships that have been assigned the task of finding a relocation site. Because of the TOS I cant post a link directly to the blog. For those who might be interested you can PM me here or you can send an email to: [email protected] and request the link to the site. I've included in this posting the first image so you can get a taste of what the art is like.

Also on the blog there will be featured from time to time background information and concept drawings of the comic. Enjoy!

David

01_Page_01_preview.jpg
600 x 464 - 299K

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Hi. Looks like fun. If only I had time to read... BTW, I see lots of people here linking to their websites, even commercial ones. Why should you be an exception?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited August 2012

David is not the exception! It's in the TOS [as he says in his post]. Said links may be sent via PM last I read.

btw David, I do have flash enabled but no, the email address does not show.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Who's TOS are we talking about? There is nothing that I know of in DAZ 3D TOS that would stop the OP giving a link to his site or blog or whatever.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Who's TOS are we talking about? There is nothing that I know of in DAZ 3D TOS that would stop the OP giving a link to his site or blog or whatever.

Yes apparently there is/was ... sent you a PM.

edited August 2012

OK I understand now, It wasn't explained in this thread that it was against the DAZ3D TOS because the links would be to a site with unfiltered adult content.

THat should be mentioned here, so people are forewarned before they contact the OP.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,053
    edited December 1969

Sorry folks it was implied that I meant the "DAZ3D" TOS. My blog has a disclaimer page before you enter that warns there is adult content contained and you have the choice whether to enter or not. Only adult content is some violence and a little nudity.

And I'm sorry about the email address thing. I typed out the address and then when I hit "submit post" the stupid flash message appeared. I went and checked that I had flash enabled and still got the same messsage. I'll try and list it again, just eliminate the spaces and all should be good I hope.

david . howard 1964 @ gmail . com

Let's see if that works. LOL

David

edited August 2012

A tip about getting email addresses to show Quote the post and TA Da email addy shows.

OK, not ideal, but it is there

W assume that it is one of the built in Spam filters which stop email addresses showing, as email addresses can be harvested by spambots.

edited December 1969

A few months ago I started a Blog featuring my web comic called "The Final Froniter". It's about a group of explorers who have been assigned the task of trying to find a suitable planet for the inhabitants of Earth to relocate. The reason they are relocating is that they've discovered that Earth's sun is dying. The Odyssey is just one of twelve ships that have been assigned the task of finding a relocation site. Because of the TOS I cant post a link directly to the blog. For those who might be interested you can PM me here or you can send an email to: [email protected] and request the link to the site. I've included in this posting the first image so you can get a taste of what the art is like.

Also on the blog there will be featured from time to time background information and concept drawings of the comic. Enjoy!

David

Hmmm. Wonder if it shows up now...

edited December 1969

Nope. Quoting the post doesnt seem to display the email address... So much for that idea.

David

edited December 1969

Yes it does! ... if we go to 'quote' that post, it shows up in the typing box.

Then I guess we have to close the page or to back a page to get off the quote reply page but ...

hehehe ... hay Chohole do we get Graduation Certificates for lasting out the year with the new forums?!

edited August 2012

you can send an email to: [email protected] and request the link to the site. I've included in this posting the first image so you can get a taste of what the art is like

I can get it show sometimes, unless they have altered something to stop it happening.

And Patience you only get a graduation ceritficate if we Mods get some acknowledgement of our labours.
    edited December 1969

I'll just stick to doing the spacing thing for the time being then..

David

edited September 2012

nm

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Another page posted for viewing at my blog. Sample seen here. Better image on the blog.

David

22_Page_22_preview.jpg
    600 x 464 - 399K
    edited December 1969

Pg 23 posted to my blog for those who are interested.

David

23_Page_23_preview.jpg
    600 x 464 - 303K
    edited December 1969

And finally Page 25, the end of Part I. Stayed tuned for Part II

25_Page_25_preview.jpg
    600 x 464 - 332K
    edited December 1969

Pg 1 of Part II is available on my blog. Page 2 might be available later today...

David

page_1_partII_preview.jpg
    600 x 464 - 265K
    edited December 1969

Here's part II, pg 2 of my web comic for those who are interested.

page_2_partII_preview.jpg
    600 x 464 - 226K
    edited December 1969

Latest pg for my webcomic for those who are interested...

page_04__part_II_preview.jpg
    750 x 580 - 392K
    edited December 1969

For those interested page 05 has been posted to my blog. Comments welcomed.

Thanks,
    David

edited December 1969

Here's Part II, Page 06 of my webcomic for those who are interested...

David

I do wish more people would comment though. I know there are few readers out there because the viewer stats show it. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise it just seems like I'm whistling in the dark...

Page_6A_preview.jpg
    825 x 638 - 449K
    edited December 1969

I'm still posting images to the blog and have even started a Facebook page if anyone cares...

David

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Looks very cool - I'll check it out. :)

edited December 1969

Thanks.... I appreciate it.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Whoops... just read through the thread - I have PMed you to ask for the blog address.