Keyframe delete button greyed out?

Greetings esteemed members of this wonderful forum!

It's been quite some time since my last visit, and everything had been running smoothly with Daz until now.

I recall in previous versions of Daz 3D, I could effortlessly add a keyframe using the designated button (+) on the timeline. When I wished to remove it, I simply selected the keyframe on the timeline and clicked on the delete keyframe button (-), promptly erasing it. However, following recent updates—though I'm uncertain precisely which ones—the add keyframe function remains functional, while the delete keyframe button appears disabled, rendering me unable to remove any keyframes. It leaves me wondering: what has caused this change? Could it be a setting misconfiguration? How can I regain the ability to delete keyframes, restoring functionality to its previous state?

I've attached an image for reference; as you can see, the delete keyframe button remains greyed out.

Any assistance you can provide would be immensely appreciated. This issue has persisted for some time, and while I've found workarounds, understanding why Daz 3D behaves this way now is crucial.

Thank you kindly for your assistance; your support means a great deal.

keyframe2.jpg
1916 x 267 - 105K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,071

There is no key selected.

• adoniogtsadoniogts Posts: 98

How do I select the key? I remember I just put the little triangle thing on top of it and I could delete it before.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited March 10

You should click on that smaller black triangle pointer...or hold left mouse button to drag a frame-selection on black triangle poniter(s)...then delete button will be enabled.

Post edited by crosswind on
    edited March 10

It looks as if you are in the Intermediate mod for the Timeline, which doesn't currently have the means to do that. The option menu (the button at top-right of the pane, or right-click the Timeline tab) does hae a command to delete all keys on the node at the current time.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited March 11

Yes,  when there's keyframe(s) on the timeline, select the keyframe pointer(s) first...

SNAG-2024-3-11-0006.png
    1466 x 263 - 21K
    Post edited by crosswind on

The behaviour of the Delete keys button has been revised in the latest build of DS (not yet released, as far as I know, but this will probably be in the next version that is released to beta/general channels)

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_22_1_103