Quicktime 32 bit corn hole

In the past Ihave had huge crashes and freezes using rendering out in quicktime in carrara 8 pro. I gave up with all the excuses a long time ago. A few momths I read about something to do with the MAC OS wanting to sleep during a rendering even though the sleep was turned off. The guys mentions an APP you could get to make sure this never happened again (THE SLEEP) and he thought  that was the issue NOT the QUICKTIME 32 bit issue as afeter ehr got the app he never had an issue with that again. ANY INFO on that app I cant recall!

I am running MAC OS 10.9.5

Comments

• One thing thats pisses me off is eveyone on here goes on and on about image sequecher! That's complete BS!!!  If there is an OPTION to drive your car with the WINDOWS DOWN but that doesnt work just be happy you can TURN ON THE FAN in your car!

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

Rendering in image sequences is not something specific to this community - everyone with any sense does it.  Power outages, cats jumping on keyboards, computer glitches are a fact of life and image sequences take some of the pain away :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 2015

I render from Blender in image sequences too, and certainly DAZ studio and Poser, they are flakier than Carrara!!!

iClone only app that does a stable mov for me or avi, mp4 wmv

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • One thing thats pisses me off is eveyone on here goes on and on about image sequecher! That's complete BS!!!  If there is an OPTION to drive your car with the WINDOWS DOWN but that doesnt work just be happy you can TURN ON THE FAN in your car!

This is not exactly the best way to get people to offer to help.  

You may wish to direct some of your frustration at Apple.  If I recall correctly, the QuickTime exporter has not been upgraded in years and is still 32-bit, which means there is nothing anybody else can do about it.  Send Apple a message and let them know that you would like to see a modern QT compiler.

Sadly, Apple these days seems overly interested in saying how great they are as opposed to actually being great, so the chances that QT 64 bit will come out are very slim.  

Image sequencing can be a lot faster, but, I agree, in a way a little less convenient because of the extra step or two involved.  Ultimately, though, there are lots of merits that outweigh any minus points.  If you have Compressor, which is cheap, then creating a movie is simple.  Same for Final Cut Pro, but that isn't so cheap.

You may not be happy with my excuse explanation, but regarding the little app that keeps the Mac awake, I have read about that somewhere, but I can't recall where.  You could try a more Mac-only oriented forum.  Or Headwax may have already linked to something.

• head wax said:

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/caffeine/id411246225?mt=12

THANK you thats exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

• Sounds as if this is Ranting Rich with another persona. Proceed with trying to help him at your own risk!
  • cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

Sadly, Apple these days seems overly interested in saying how great they are as opposed to actually being great, so the chances that QT 64 bit will come out are very slim.  

... just read Apple employs 800 people working on the iPhone camera. That really puts the QuickTime issue in perspective.

• Well the fix ws to install CAFFEINE app frpm Apple. I have no idea WHY it fixed the issue but it did!

• Well the fix ws to install CAFFEINE app frpm Apple. I have no idea WHY it fixed the issue but it did!

Because Apple need to do the fix for their format?