CAFFEINE free! is NOT for me.... or Carrara on mac

For years I have had nothing but issues with rendering out as a quicktime file. Carrara would crash or freeze after about 30 -45 frames. While everyone on here has told be to live with it, shut up, sit down and render another way CHUMP for years. Then about six months ago I read on there that yet another MAC person said he had set his mac to never sleep or anything liek that BUT he had the same problems. 

Then he said he had installed a app called CAFFEINE and the problem went away. (NO explaination) I couldnt beleive it. So today I tryed it and WA LA a full 120 frames for perfect quicktime animation.

I dont under stand it nor do I care.

I am gald and greatfull that there are other people out there trying to fix bugs and probelms OTHER than the people at DAZ, who should be.

SO if you have gone insane with the quicktime render issues running 64 bit try the free app CAFFEINE from apple 

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

I usually work better after my coffee too. ;)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 2015

Kidding... that's cool to know. Thanks for this!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • garbanzolasvegas

It was I. The thread was,  "Mac Os/Carrara and Narcolepsy".  I could'nt figure out how to give a hot link to the thread. At the time I had just discovered Caffeine...and was quite excited.

I have managed to fall into every chasm and trap door that Carrara has managed to dream up. Fortunately the talented  people on the forum have patiently tossed me a rope to pull myself out each time.  I am glad to see that at last I was able to contribute a little in return.  

Good luck with rendering ...

Starboardtack/ Msteaka