Carrara 8.5 Pro & Content Install Locations

YamahaTXYamahaTX Posts: 4
edited March 15 in Carrara Discussion

Hi fellow Anime Tech Tenders.

Just trying to understand a problem now occurring with my Carrara 8.5 Pro.  Having been issued how install process use to be on hard drive.  Got this problen now as Carrara not able to load Preset and Landscape Wizard files.. this use to be avilable without a second thought.  Now the Software just crashed as installing to start Workshop operations.

Just to mention i'm using a SSD for Windows operating system (Wins 10 64-bit) plus 2 TB Harddrive.

Do any body think the install location of the Resource content is causing the trouble.  If so.  What is the procedure for insall methods.

YamahaTX

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,001

Moved to Carrara Discussions as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

• NexySaloonNexySaloon Posts: 70

I think the Native Content, scripts (such as Fenric, Luxus, or Mimic), and Starter Essentials must be in the Program Files folder with Carrara itself.

That does NOT mean they can't be on an external drive - it means Carrara would also have to be installed on said drive first.

Yes, it works fine that way, I'm using an older 6tb USB-C external drive made by Seagate, so your SSD is a step up from mine.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,728
    edited March 18

I have Carrara installed directly on my Laptop C-drive as my Anti-Virus was nuking the Program Files installation for some reason.

Landscapes installed within the Carrara program files.

Carrara Terrain 1.png
    1343 x 715 - 53K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on