Deleting line AND POINTS

I am trying to Delete LINE and points in the vertex room.... It seems I can slect the lines then Delete them BUT have to go back and deltel the pointsas well taking lots of time Any way to Delete the lines and pointsand the same time?

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

You can select using the "Marquee" Drag-Rectangle selection, or use the "Lasso" to draw a loop, or the paint brush selection tool. (all on the left-hand toolbar).

It's probably best to use the Flat viewports, or multi-viewport option when you're selecting

you can also change the selection type between Vertices, Edges, and Polygons to limit what you can select.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    3DAGE said:

you can also change the selection type between Vertices, Edges, and Polygons to limit what you can select.

Agreed. I've noticed that, if you have the line selection tool active is where it's more likely to only delete the line instead of the line and points. 

I think that those points are likely still connected to an edge that isn't in the selection being deleted, being the reason for them not being deleted. So if you have a quad and want to delete three of the edges and their points, leaving only one edge and two points, for example, try just selecting the whole polygon and then deselecting the one edge to be kept.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Also, if the points are on an outer edge, or the poly they were part of ins non-planar, you'll have to delete them separately, since Carrara will try to maintain shape.

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

This happens to me sometimes and I have never understood why, so I usually go to Edit>Delete and that works for me instead of hitting the delet key. Hope that helps.