Any way to purchase item removed from store?

I'm trying to find the Military Weapons Bundle by Polish. It includes a rifle and RPG launcher along with other items. It's no longer available as I can tell. Is there a way to contact the creator or buy it somewhere else?

Comments

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650

No.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,177

zombietaggerung said:

No.

Unless Polish has made it available elsewhere, which I'm unaware of them having done.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,348

There's only two cases where a removed product is likely to be elsewhere:

- if the vendor has closed their entire Daz store and moved elsewhere
    - if it was a limited time freebie that they've since decided to make reavailable.

Otherwise, products are usually removed because there is a legal or technical problem with the product that the vendor either can't or doesn't want to resolve.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,348
    edited March 20

FrankTheTank said:

do you mean this, its still available: https://www.daz3d.com/military-tactical-weapons-and-poses-for-genesis-8

No, they probably mean SKU 68307, which included SKU 68239, 68245 & 68257, which were used as prerequisites for several pose sets that are still on the store. (Can't link to a read-me page for the bundle itself, it doesn't have one).

None of these components are still available on the store.

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • Botdog3Botdog3 Posts: 10

Thanks. Yes, the bundle had SKU 68239 and 68245. I'm specifically looking for the first one Military Weapons 01 (68239) as it had the RPG and Rifle I wanted. I don't know how to get ahold of it's

creator Polish to see if it can still be purchased somehow.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited March 20

Matt_Castle said:

There's only two cases where a removed product is likely to be elsewhere:

- if the vendor has closed their entire Daz store and moved elsewhere

Maybe at one time, but certainly not completely true anymore.  There are more than a few vendors who have had products available here and have since moved individual items while still retaining their store at DAZ - Clacydarch has moved nearly half of their DAZ product to Renderosity over the last six months yet still releases new products here, and Powerage (now Christophe3D at Rendo) has had products move back and forth from DAZ to Rendo and back again, and lets not even get into the awful mess which is the products that were originally sold at RuntimeDNA, many of which moved to DAZ and then to Rendo even while many of those authors continued to maintain a store presence at both of the latter stores.   

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,236

If you want freebie RPG, usually can find on sketchfab: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/rpg7-anti-tank-43c5218696bb408685aad2dba447f0fd

I have made a collection of military freebies from sketchfab here: https://sketchfab.com/lilweep/collections/desert-militaria-24cc111823304e52834c4c53250ab3c8

Just download. If not obj, convert to obj first.

Then import into Daz and set up textures, scale, etc.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066
    edited March 21

Sometime they are available at other stores. Try googling it.

Post edited by lou_harper on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited March 21

for a time I wouldn't even buy products from Polish due to a few incidents but since learned they are a brokerage and the pulled products with known creators that resulted in my distrust were likely submitted by outside parties claiming them as their owm,

Nobody is immune to this.

Indeed bad Actors have done this on many sites (submitting products they didn't create without the creator's permission )

One cannot assume the reasons but either they or DAZ acted to rectify the situation in the cases I knew of.

Needless to say there were likely good reasons the product was pulled.

It could be something as simple as a texture resource not cleared for redistribution or a resemblance to someones intellectual property that is too close, there can be a multitude of reasons that will not be disclosed to us.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited March 24

Botdog3 said:

I'm trying to find the Military Weapons Bundle by Polish. It includes a rifle and RPG launcher along with other items. It's no longer available as I can tell. Is there a way to contact the creator or buy it somewhere else?

You can perhaps try to contact the Polish 3D Studio on their website? You can find it here:

https://www.polish3d.com/

There is a contact form. Not sure you will get what you need but who knows?

Post edited by Unseen on