Just A Little Help With Bump Maps

Yes:

I have just a simple question about Bump maps.I have loaded an image that I want to use as a bump map on a prop I modeled. When I do a render the bump map texture does not show up on the model. What must i do to correct this.? The prop model is of a buffalo head, and have chosren an image map to use as texture fore the bump map, but the texture doesn't come up when i render it. I want the look of fur on the prop model.

Any advice or how to explanation would be most appreciated. Please post back as soon as you can..

Thanks ever so much

Cool Blue cool

Comments

• Does the image line up as expected if you use it as Diffuse colour? If not you need to fit the image to the UVs or the UVs to the image (and adjust your other images).

If it does line up, what are your Bump Strength, Minimum and Maximum values? If you look at the histogram of the image in an editor how wide a range of values does it cover (with a bump map black is Minimum * Strength, white is Maximum * Strength, intermediate greys are intermediate values - so if your image is bunched around mid-grey it isn't going to have much effect).