A simple triangular plane for Daz?

edited March 23 in Product Suggestions

I'm looking for a simple, flat, triangular plane for Daz that I can apply shaders to. I did a search and found someone asking the same question about 10 years back, but with no really good replies, so I thought I'd ask again to see if anyone has come up with a solution in the last decade. I know I can just create a primitive plane with a ton of divisions and remove half, and the more divisions the plane has then the closer I get to a straight line on the long side, but are there any actual triangles out there, or simple ways to create one without going to Blender, Hexagon, etc?  

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited March 23

Moved to Product Suggestions as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

Though having said that, you could create a three-sided cylinder and use the Geometry Editor to select and delete the top and sides.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,844

triangulating various subdivided primitives can yield many shapes you can extract with the geometry editor deleting faces,

a plane with one face triangulated gives 2 right angled triangles you can delete one

Richard's suggestion gives and equalateral 

a modelling program is obviously a better option and Hexagon has a handy bridge

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,071
    edited March 24

Just for the fun, I spent a little while creating a morphing triangle prop. The apex of the triangle (behind the character) can be moved in X and Z. The movement is 1cm = 1% morph at 100% scale. Morph "Corner X Movement" = +/-86.6% to make the triangle into a rightangle triangle. Yep, I know the number is horrible, but with an eqilateral triangle, some numbers always will be. The triangle is UV mapped from above, scene X axis the image horizontal axis, though no texture is included. The texture will distort as the triangle apex moves.

Anyway, please find below a Floor Triangle prop library item with two morphs, tex mapping, a duf file, .duf.png and .tip.png & data files. I cannot imagine it's possible to have a prop with fewer than the 1 facet and 3 vertices this prop has...

I hope it's worth the effort!

Regards,

Richard

Floor Triangle.png
    512 x 512 - 208K
    zip
    zip
    Floor Triangle.zip
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Thank you all for the tips.  Richard, you are particularly wonderful. This is for a project for my brother, and he wanted a square vertical background plane cut into right-angle triangles. With everything that you can do with Daz, I was suddenly stumped with how tricky it seems to create sych a simple object

• Oh my... I just found where theTriangulate option is in Efit.Object, as per Wendy's suggestion. Wendy, you are as wonderful as Richard. I love this community!