Geo Shells layering issues - Bite Marks And Scars

Hi - Anyone else having issues with The Bite Mark and Scars products and layering issues ?/

The products work great but whenever I add a new product that contains a new layer  it removes the original product material ?? There must be a fix but I 

cant seem to find one ?? 

Any help would be appriciated

Thanks in advance

Tom

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,672

Linking to which product you are refering to will be useful.

If you are adding another layer, are you then checking that there is an offset between the layers?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

This product ? https://www.daz3d.com/hd-bite-marks-for-genesis-8-and-81-males

If so, there're only two geoshells that have correct offset value as default...so what do you mean by "new layer" ... LIE ?

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,027
    Like I mentioned in the PM you sent, more information is needed to figure what is happening. If the new product you are adding is creating a geoshell, it may be that you would need to play with the offset value of each geoshell. You access this in the parameter tab while selecting each geoshell. The higher the value, the farther from the body it would be.
  • trukn4funtrukn4fun Posts: 24
    edited March 24

FenixPhoenix said:

Like I mentioned in the PM you sent, more information is needed to figure what is happening. If the new product you are adding is creating a geoshell, it may be that you would need to play with the offset value of each geoshell. You access this in the parameter tab while selecting each geoshell. The higher the value, the farther from the body it would be.

Here is a clip from the figure with bite marks working - The issues were "Geo Grafts" The auther of the other products

included a tool that I guess moves the layers? not sure LOL 

Now Im on to scars and burns and will see if they work with the other products ??

will keep you posted, 

Thanks 

Tom

Bite Marks 1.jpg
    3795 x 1867 - 640K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • trukn4funtrukn4fun Posts: 24

Face scares are workiing along with bite marks - now on to Burns - that seems to be a struggle

In the other products I use theres a script called "Shell Fix" that seems to adjust the layers so 

all plays well togather - You can see which ones I use in the photo atached

Tom

Bite Marks 2.jpg
    3402 x 1788 - 481K
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,027
    Ah, there seems to be a lot of geoshells so that will take some management to stack them. The displacement in the burns may require you to increase the offset even more. The other thing you can do is to turn off the burns displacement altogether (select the geoshell > and in the surface panel select the skin and nails > then set displacement strength to 0 to turn it off). Note that, unlike the body scars, face scars apply as Lie directly onto the character.