How do I get DForce long hair to collide with surface?

Ive tried everything I know and cannot get a Dforce hair to colliede with anything other than the Genesis 8 model.
Wanting a character prone on a surface, I need the hair to collide with that surface.
But everytime i try it goes through (see pic)

Help?!?

Capture2.JPG
833 x 620 - 56K

Comments

• mikelsebastianmikelsebastian Posts: 29
    edited March 24

Pretty Simple, you select the object you want your hair or any Dforce object to collide with, then you go to "Simulation Settings" (Is usually located in the same bar as "Render Settings") then in the Simulation Settings Menu you go to the little triangle with bars icon (The one next to the "Simulate" Blue button, and then you go to Dforce → Add Dforce Modifier: Static Surface and bam, it should work, as far as i know the more geometry the Static object has, the better collission results, but im not 100% sure.

Fun little note, you can also give anything Dforce Physics by instead of selecting Dforce → Add Dforce Modifier: Static Surface, you select Defore → Add Dforce Modifier: Dynamic Surface, just be mindful a lot of objects are not ideal for Dforce physics, and they will glitch, break apart or give undesired results.

Hope this helps ovo! Happy rendering!

Post edited by mikelsebastian on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,928

How many divisions does the plane have? There needs to be enough polygon density in the coliders to avoid this sort of issue.

• Thank you both! 

Will work on these tips.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

It seems a paper roll under the figure... Those paper roll props are usually with very less divisions on the surface. Try creating a primitive plane of 3 meters with 120 divisions first, put it a bit above the paper roll, no need to add dForce modifier to it. Simulate with a timeline by using 30-40 frames, make the figure move from above to fall on the plane ~~