OOT hairs causing Daz Studio 4.22 to crash when attempting to render

pcw_fantasy2002pcw_fantasy2002 Posts: 16
edited March 29 in Daz Studio Discussion

Has anyone who has Daz Studio 4.22 had it crash on them whenever they tried rendering figures that have hairstyles from outoftouch on them since getting 4.22?  I've been having this problem since getting 4.22, having Daz Studio crash on me whenever I try to render (or even do a preview of) characters with OOT hair (I recently attempted a preview with a character using the Cathy hairstyle and Daz Studio crashed moments after I started the preview - the same thing happened when I tried rendering a character using the Top updo hairstyle).  I never used to have that problem with previous versions of DAZ Studio prior to 4.22 (the OOT hairstyles always rendered without trouble for me in previous versions), so what changed?  I'm not happy about this and I need to find a way to fix the problem to keep 4.22 from crashing whenever I try to render OOT hairstyles.

Post edited by pcw_fantasy2002 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,076

Yes, many people have encountered this and the issue has been discussed in both the beta and release threads as well as in many other threads. The problem is maps applied to the Transmitted Colour property - many of their products have been updated to fix the issue but, since it's a shared file for their Hair Blending shader, instalaltion order and method, or having multiple content directories connected, may lead to the wrong version of the file remaining available and being loaded. To fix the issue if that happens to you, after making sure you have any updates, then select the hair model and open the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane; click the hair's name on the left of the pane to select all surfaces, then click in the text box at the top of the pane and type Transm; that should enable you to see just the Transmitted Colour, click the little icon to the left of the colour picker control and select None to make sure no maps are applied.