Anatomical Textures not loading with Gen 9

squirtsquirt Posts: 152

Hello DAZ Gurus;

I recently purchased and loaded the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials Expansion.   Refreshed and then Restarted DAZ too.

After loading the genative organ to the G9 Male it applied as it should.  However, when trying to apply the texture of the G9 figure to the new applied organ, the texture does not carry over or change.

Does anyone know the correct setting to make the skin texture of the character apply to the genative organs?

AnatomicalTextureFailure copy.jpg
2309 x 1049 - 144K
Post edited by squirt on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,041

The materials in Starter Essentials do not have anatomical elements coverage.

• squirtsquirt Posts: 152

So what do I have to buy in order to make the Textures work?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,698

You can buy a character that includes genital textures. Check the description, some do, some doesn't.

You can buy a 3 party product for the genitals. Not sold here on Daz store, but on Renderotica.

You can find a product, that lets you do a UV swap, i.e. uses the body texture. There are some freebies, but the result is less detailed.

edited March 31

Does anyone know why DAZ made this weird move?

There was no problem with G8 textures working on the G8 Base Male.

It would appear from what you just said felis, that now we have to sleuth each and every character that we buy (if I'm not mistaken) here and to make matters worse, some vendors don't always put every single detail up so you could wind up buying characters that wont allow the skin textures to roll over to the genative organs.  This could become a problem for purchases leading up to a lot of Refund hassles.

Post edited by squirt on
  • The Albane and Albana pack has them.  So does ES3D Skinvent Details Merchant Resource.  They're all on sale with BIG discounts right now.  You'll want to jump on it quickly.  I recommend getting the Skinvent combo so that you'll have multiple skin tones to work with when applying the skins, and you'll save money.  And if you don't want seams, you'll want to apply all of the skin mats.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 081817.png
    966 x 881 - 713K
    Screenshot 2024-03-31 082026.png
    965 x 781 - 845K
    Screenshot 2024-03-31 082057.png
    940 x 759 - 809K
    Screenshot 2024-03-31 082519.png
    936 x 800 - 791K

Uh oh... This is bad.

• fearthefailurefearthefailure Posts: 83
    edited March 31

squirt said:

Uh oh... This is bad.

It's not that bad.  Having that range of skin tones will make it possible for you to make the characters you want without having to do a ton of research before buying characters.  I make mine all from scratch, apply the mats, then fine tune them.  You can pretty much recreate any Caucasian skin tones with Albane and Albana, and you can do other races quite easily with Skinvent.  Albane and Albana will work too, but you lose the additional color layer applied to the jpg and you don't have nipples included.  You can have a permanent Gen 9 solution with a $28 purchase today.  That pair of assets is extremely flexible.

I would caution you this though: when you use Skinvent for a brown character, you're married to it.  If you swap the material, you'll never find that skin tone again.  This is because the mat itself is brown.  I used it for an important character, but I had to remove it becuase the character will have nude scenes, and the body mat has male and female nipple positions.  They recolored the ones not in use, but the outline can be seen in the renders when the zoom is close enough.  I would use Skinvent for characters that won't have top nudity or won't have much zoom on them if there's top nudity.  But that's an easy fix if we can reach Emrys and Sabby.  If you don't mind doing the few minutes of extra work, the Albane and Albana kit will still get the job done.  You'll just have to strengthen the mottling for darker skin tones, and play with the black levels to get close to what you're going for with brown characters.  It'll be convincing, but perfection requires flexibility or some extra time.  It won't be a headache though.

You can apply those mats to any Gen 9 figure.

Edit: Fixed typo.

Post edited by fearthefailure on