Save Draft not working

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,804

Just wrote a long reply in a thread, then I accidently hit a keyboard shorcut in Chrome (god, how these can drive me mad sometimes) which closed the tab.  So I returned to the thread, believing my comments was saved by auto save draft, but it was gone.  I even clicked Save Draft myself a few times when I wrote it just in case, but apparently that doesn't work either. 

Comments

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 578

Taoz said:

Just wrote a long reply in a thread, then I accidently hit a keyboard shorcut in Chrome (god, how these can drive me mad sometimes) which closed the tab.  So I returned to the thread, believing my comments was saved by auto save draft, but it was gone.  I even clicked Save Draft myself a few times when I wrote it just in case, but apparently that doesn't work either. 

Yeah ... been there. To avoid that, I compose my posts and reply to posts in Word and then copy-and-paste the text into the comment box.    :(

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,462

As far as I can tell, it only works in the quick reply box at the bottom of the topic page. If you've gone to a separate post page, the drafts then don't work, even if you click the button.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,804

jjoyner said:

Taoz said:

Yeah ... been there. To avoid that, I compose my posts and reply to posts in Word and then copy-and-paste the text into the comment box.    :(

I use to do that too, or copy regularly to ClipCache when I know there's no recovery option, but it used to work here at DAZ.  Couldn't even cancel a post unless there was a dot or whatever in the box which it then would save.

Matt_Castle said:

As far as I can tell, it only works in the quick reply box at the bottom of the topic page. If you've gone to a separate post page, the drafts then don't work, even if you click the button.

OK, but then they should remove that misleading button at least.  

edited April 2

And then there's the lack of a delete double post button... frown

Post edited by Taoz on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,354

If you have started to write, and don't want to post after it has been saved manually or auto-saved, refresh the page without posting and click the cogs in the upper right corner. You should now have a "My Drafts" entry in the drop-down list. Follow that link, and you will see any drafts of your posts. Click the "x" to delete it.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,914

Taoz said:

And then there's the lack of a delete double post button... frown

Posts are doubled, tripled, quadrupled etc. if one is impatient and pushed the "Post comment" button several times, or one refreshes the page after Cloudflare problems.