Need some help with dForce SPR Casual Denim for Genesis 9.

jd641jd641 Posts: 427
edited April 1 in The Commons

I need some advice/help with dForce SPR Casual Denim for Genesis 9 because I must be missing something obvious here. First off, I can't find any part of the product in my smart content and the only thing I can find in the regular content tab loads the entire outfit including the heels all at once. I also can't figure out a way to remove the dumb heels once the outfit is loaded on G9. Help please. crying

Post edited by jd641 on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,683

I don't have it.

But looking in the file list, it looks like there is only one item, which is a rather odd choise.

You can probably turn items invisible, in the surface tab, by setting the cutout oppacity to 0.

Another option is to use the geometry editor, to remove unwanted geometry. You can select by surface (or oder methods) and hide or hide and delete. Afterwards you can save as a new item.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,001

Just turning off the visibility of the foot bones should hide the shoes, as long as it isn't a GeoGraft set to hide the unerlying body. Use the eyes icon in the  Scene pane (ctrl/cmd click the eye of the topmost bone for each foot and all the child bones will also be hidden) or seelct the bones and use the Visible button in Parameters.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 427

felis said:

I don't have it.

But looking in the file list, it looks like there is only one item, which is a rather odd choise.

You can probably turn items invisible, in the surface tab, by setting the cutout oppacity to 0.

Another option is to use the geometry editor, to remove unwanted geometry. You can select by surface (or oder methods) and hide or hide and delete. Afterwards you can save as a new item.

I can't seem to easily hide the shoes, there's no option to just hide them by turning off visibility because the entire outfit is listed as a single item in the nodes list, I have to select the surfaces for each part (toes of the shoe, foot etc) then turn off visibility. The outfit looks nice but this is really annoying and not working how I thought it would, I think a refund request may be in order.

Is this how Sprite typically makes outfits? If so I might as well remove their stuff from my wishlist.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,751

@jd641, this is why I stopped buying from this PA. An outfit I bought that I thought I might use after removing some of the more 'non-useful' items, turned out to be a one-object piece without any way to select this problamatic items and turn them off. You still have time to file a ticket for a refund at least. I was pass the 30 day window.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 427

memcneil70 said:

@jd641, this is why I stopped buying from this PA. An outfit I bought that I thought I might use after removing some of the more 'non-useful' items, turned out to be a one-object piece without any way to select this problamatic items and turn them off. You still have time to file a ticket for a refund at least. I was pass the 30 day window.

I asked for a refund after trying to find some solutions a few more times and got store credit for the return. It's sad, the outfit looks great but the way it was made was terrible. crying

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,581

jd641 said:

Is this how Sprite typically makes outfits? If so I might as well remove their stuff from my wishlist.

Agreed. it makes no sense to me why a PA would design an outfit like this in one piece.