Help! the menu Favorites doesn't work

functionfunction Posts: 278

The Favorites still in my DAZ menu, all its sub-menus and items still there, but no function. When click any item, nothing happened, not go to the pointed folder in the Content Library like previous.

Recently had upgraded DAZ to 4.22 Pro, and moved My DAZ 3D Library to a new drive with a symbolic link in the old place. DAZ runs well, just Favorites doesn't work.

Tried to create a new custom action to the Favorites, it shows up as normal, but when click, still doesn't work.

Found an old paper talked about this: http://wiki.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/artzone/azproduct/netherworks/folderfavorites/folder_favorites_guide.pdf
but it is too old, not cope with the current version.

There are almost 100+ items in my Favorites, any idea to let it works again? Do I need to upgrade the database?
Thanks.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,001

It is probably the moving that has broken them, though I am surprised that the symbolic link doesn't hide that from DS (assuming it is set up correctly)

• functionfunction Posts: 278

Richard Haseltine said:

It is probably the moving that has broken them, though I am surprised that the symbolic link doesn't hide that from DS (assuming it is set up correctly)

Thanks Richard. Suddenly solved.

First I rolling back to DAZ 4.21.0.5,  same problem, Favorites has no function. Then I read the \Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\customactions.dsx file again and found the old Favorites item path pointed to the old drive E:\ , the new action item that I just created pointed to the new drive D:\ , both don't work. 

So I went to the preferences - Content Directory Manager, add the new path D:\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library   under the DAZ Studio Formats, then the Favorites works!  It was because some people said here that use symbolic link no need to change any path in DAZ and DIM, so I didn't add it earlier.

Now in the Content Directory Manager, there are 2 Library links under the DAZ Studio Formats, both the new path D:\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library  and the old one E:\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library , and only the old path under the DAZ Connect Data, don't know if this will generate a duplicate resources problem in the DAZ, and don't know if I should modify DIM to the new path under this symbolic link circumstance, please advise.