Is Anyone Able to Get Wishlist Items Discounted?

I have roughly 40 worth of new items in my cart and yet, the two items from my wishlist are discounted only at 30% (from my token discount).  These items have been "wishlisted" for weeks. 

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,672
    edited April 6

If they are still marked as new, they will not apply the discount.

That limitation is not listed, but Daz don't care - they might correct it later.

Post edited by felis on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,503

I think they count an item as new for like six months or something.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,331
    edited April 6

NylonGirl said:

I think they count an item as new for like six months or something.

Items are "new" for 2 months (60 days). 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603
    edited April 6

Seems to work OK for me

As has already been mentioned, make sure the Wishlist item is NOT tagged as new. Annoyingly the overlay is not visible in the Wishlist view but it is in the top-right corner of the promo image on the main product page and to the left of the heart in the chopping cart.

The "New Release" exclusion is not listed in the text - not sure if that is an error in the description or an error in the config (since New Release counts as the trigger).

Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 13.50.29.png
    2530 x 774 - 275K
    Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • DripDrip Posts: 1,139

On the productpage, check whether the main image has a green ribbon with the word "New" in its top right corner.
    New items get a 30% discount for the first two weeks, after that, the discount will go, but the product will still be considered "new" for all other purposes, and often not qualify for discounts (but this is occasionally omtited from the discount description, like in this case).

As for this specific discount offer: I tend to ignore non-stacking discounts anyway, unless they're really exceptional, and 70% isn't really exceptional. There's regularly Featured Artists discounts for 60%, which do stack with other discounts like tokens, allowing the discount to get to 78% or even higher. Todays' non-stacking 70% discount may interfere with such offers though, for example, for wishlisted offers from Featured Artists.

• Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 499
    Thanks for the explanation. I wondered as well...
  • mambanegramambanegra Posts: 574

You would think that the link they provide would actually be to items that apply to the sale rather than a random link to items that may or may not be on sale. I guess they assume people are OK with wasting time clicking on links in order to find out what actually works. 

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,031
    edited April 6

Wishlist view shows if something is already discounted and one of the qualifiers is that it doesn't stack with other discounts. Things that are new and not discounted otherwise seem to get 18% off instead.

Post edited by ChangelingChick on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395

I just let them know a little bit ago that the text needed to be fixed and they are working on getting it added. Yes, the sale does exclude "new" release items from your wishlist, which is where it got me this morning, which caused the confusion. They fixed that and now we're just waiting on the text to be fixed. I think I may have caused the confusion in my initial report that the sale was broken early this morning. I didn't make it clearer that the text needed to be fixed as well, sorry for the confusion everyone.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066

Sadly, tokens don't work on them either.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,331

lou_harper said:

And because of that my eligible wishlist items are actually more expensive than if I bought them with tokens 

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

Tokens not working is covered by the text that says the discount does not stack with anything else.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

mambanegra said:

You would think that the link they provide would actually be to items that apply to the sale rather than a random link to items that may or may not be on sale. I guess they assume people are OK with wasting time clicking on links in order to find out what actually works. 

You would think so, but no. 

• DripDrip Posts: 1,139

Charlie Judge said:

lou_harper said:

And because of that my eligible wishlist items are actually more expensive than if I bought them with tokens 

You may want to pull out a calculator for this one, but:
    If the wishlist item is also part of some other sale, then figure out if that sale plus the token discount ends up with a bigger discount than the 70%. If it does, then just remove the item from your wishlist (and re-add it after if you want), and the other set of discounts will apply instead. However, you won't be able to get that 70% wishlist discount back if it turns out worse, so that's why you really want to make some calculations in advance.