Why can't DAZ prevent Duplicate Formula problems with products they sell?

mambanegramambanegra Posts: 574
edited April 7 in The Commons

There are easy ways to prevent this. I can't blame DAZ for letting other site's characters have overlapping dial names or whatever it is that is causing duplicate formula, but they certainly can create a database of every file in every package sold here and flag them when a new product is loaded that causes this. But...they don't. 

https://www.daz3d.com/mso-faye-hd-for-genesis-9-feminine has morphs that share a common name as https://www.daz3d.com/fe-nisa-hd-for-genesis-9

I can't understand why FeSoul's Nisa has an output called Genesis9:/data/Daz%203D/Genesis%209/Base/Morphs/FeSoul/Nisa/FE_Nisa_body_cbs_thigh_x90n_r.dsf#MSO_Faye_body_cbs_thigh_x90n_r?value  But DAZ could have caught this with some simple verification scripts and basic DB that catalogs this sort of info. 

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• Fesoul TeamFesoul Team Posts: 7
    edited April 7

HI,Im sorry to get issues to you,Daz Pa want to fix them issues,But they can`t get accessed to upgrade or fixed file without Daz tech help,
    If you can give me Email,I will fixed issues,and send it for you.
    The mail in site is ok. just make me few day time please.Thank you again.

Post edited by Fesoul Team on
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610

Accidents happen, even with all the testing that we do.
    Looks like FeSoul is submitting a fix right away.

We do check to make sure that duplicate ID don't happen, but sometimes they slip through. 
    All we can do then is submit a fix to Daz to push out to DIM.
    Rest assured that this is a rare occurrence that all PAs make an effort to avoid.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,695

After fighting with Duplicate Formula errors for most of Genesis 8, I decided to eliminate them completely with Genesis 9 by only buying Core Figures and maelwenn. It's worked except for those Vinme Morphs that kept clashing with Zev0.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,163

Does this error imply use of MSO Faye in the creation of Fesoul's Nisa? MSO Faye is not a merchant resource. Why is it referenced in an Fesoul character morph? How does this happen?

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,027

barbult said:

Does this error imply use of MSO Faye in the creation of Fesoul's Nisa? MSO Faye is not a merchant resource. Why is it referenced in an Fesoul character morph? How does this happen?

I don't have those characters. But it may just be that each PA added a corrective for their characters that just happened to have the same name, causing the duplicate formula. The fix is to change the name for the corrective. This is why DAZ encourages PAs to name their morphs with their initials first to avoid this issue.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,163

FenixPhoenix said:

barbult said:

I don't have those characters. But it may just be that each PA added a corrective for their characters that just happened to have the same name, causing the duplicate formula. The fix is to change the name for the corrective. This is why DAZ encourages PAs to name their morphs with their initials first to avoid this issue.

The original post stated "FeSoul's Nisa has an output called Genesis9:/data/Daz%203D/Genesis%209/Base/Morphs/FeSoul/Nisa/FE_Nisa_body_cbs_thigh_x90n_r.dsf#MSO_Faye_body_cbs_thigh_x90n_r?value". I'm trying to understand how an MSO_Faye tag would come to be on an FE_Nisa product morph. 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,733
    edited April 7

Lyoness said:

Accidents happen, even with all the testing that we do.
    Looks like FeSoul is submitting a fix right away.

We do check to make sure that duplicate ID don't happen, but sometimes they slip through. 
    All we can do then is submit a fix to Daz to push out to DIM.
    Rest assured that this is a rare occurrence that all PAs make an effort to avoid.

I think the OPs point is that DAZ have the data necessary to catch and fix certain errors like this one before release, using scripts, so customers and customer service won't have to deal with them after release.  

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,950

barbult said:

FenixPhoenix said:

barbult said:

The original post stated "FeSoul's Nisa has an output called Genesis9:/data/Daz%203D/Genesis%209/Base/Morphs/FeSoul/Nisa/FE_Nisa_body_cbs_thigh_x90n_r.dsf#MSO_Faye_body_cbs_thigh_x90n_r?value". I'm trying to understand how an MSO_Faye tag would come to be on an FE_Nisa product morph. 

Perhaps a simple mistake in setting the link up, there are a lot of hidden morphs and they display with "greyed out" labels so if something was typed in the filter box on Parameters to isolate them it would be easy to grab the wrong cbs_thigh_x90n_r and drag it into the Property Hiearchy. of course that may well mean that the correction isn't working as it should, so a further wrinkle to be checked by support.

• If anyone needs Nisa's repair and upgrade package, please talk to me directly for the forum. It brings everyone inconvenience, and I will post a repair package for everyone who buys. Thanks!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,950

Fesoul Team said:

If anyone needs Nisa's repair and upgrade package, please talk to me directly for the forum. It brings everyone inconvenience, and I will post a repair package for everyone who buys. Thanks!

If you submit an update to PASS the base item can be fixed, which will reach everyone ragardless of whether or not they see this thread.

• franky85franky85 Posts: 112

The same kind of issue happens if you have more than 1 MagicBrush character, no matter which. I submitted some ticket over a month ago, still no fix in sight though.

• I experienced same issue with Magic Brush products

These were on promotion some time ago

https://www.daz3d.com/mb-yomi-hd-for-genesis-9-feminine

https://www.daz3d.com/mb-carmel-hd-for-genesis-9-feminine

I submitted a support ticket, I had uninstalled both products, still waiting for a fix.

It would be wise if the Product Artist test the other products he/her has in the store, if there is any issue, then is time to correct it, also as a token of appreciation it would be nice if the PA may offer a free item of choice, as this situation should never occur. is better to double check the code and make a deep test before puting the product(s) available for sale in the store. 

• Fesoul TeamFesoul Team Posts: 7
    edited April 24

Richard Haseltine said:

Fesoul Team said:

If anyone needs Nisa's repair and upgrade package, please talk to me directly for the forum. It brings everyone inconvenience, and I will post a repair package for everyone who buys. Thanks!

If you submit an update to PASS the base item can be fixed, which will reach everyone ragardless of whether or not they see this thread.

Thanks I will update it in pass system

Post edited by Fesoul Team on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846

This isn't your standard Duplicate Formula issue, but it's also not a new issue.

Basically content makers are copying controllers and correctives from one product and pasting them into another, and all they are doing is changing the file names.

Yep, they are making a total mess of their own products.

Magic Brush has added problems as they are using the beta, which is adding a hexadecimal identifier to every file it saves.

Carmel has a problem with some of the Mat files but works fine other wise.

I don't have access to Yomi but from what I've seen here it looks like 3 files were copied from Carmel, and thanks to the hex codes it's a lot more complicated than just changing the internal names from Carmel to Yomi.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,100

Bejaymac said:

Carmel has a problem with some of the Mat files but works fine other wise.

I don't have access to Yomi but from what I've seen here it looks like 3 files were copied from Carmel, and thanks to the hex codes it's a lot more complicated than just changing the internal names from Carmel to Yomi.

Not sure what you mean. I just did a search & replace in the file, and Yomi works fine for me now.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846

Changing the names just means the character wont give you any DF errors, but those three files wont work.

WHY????

Because the formula that links them to the body morph is coded with Carmel's hex code, you need to replace it with the correct hex code for Yomi.