Creating morphs of different body parts based on pure Genesis 2 figures

chainedstar8chainedstar8 Posts: 0
edited April 10 in New Users

Hello, everyone. I never use DAZ 3D before, but in the current project I have to work with Genesis 2 and morphs.

How can I create a separated morphs for each part of the body (feet, hands, neck, etc.) that will be a copy of the standard Genesis 2 morph?

To (for example) apply 3-4 morphs on the whole body, and then use 1 slider to make only feet like the base Genesis 2.

I haven't found information about this anywhere, body/head morphs at best.

Post edited by chainedstar8 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021

If you have found instructions for a body/head split then you just apply them to the splits you want. The basic option would be to export a base resolution OBJ of the morph, with no pose applied or add-ons included, then create a dForm for each split giving it a weightmap that included the area you wanted to affect. Then in Morph Loader pro you can import the OBJ as a new morph and use the dForm to attenuate it. You would also need to split any joint adjustment morphs or morphs to make the one you were working on play nicely with other shapes, such as expressions, and recreate the links between the base morph, the other morphs or bend involved, and the corrective - a lot of work.

• Richard Haseltine said:

If you have found instructions for a body/head split then you just apply them to the splits you want. The basic option would be to export a base resolution OBJ of the morph, with no pose applied or add-ons included, then create a dForm for each split giving it a weightmap that included the area you wanted to affect. Then in Morph Loader pro you can import the OBJ as a new morph and use the dForm to attenuate it. You would also need to split any joint adjustment morphs or morphs to make the one you were working on play nicely with other shapes, such as expressions, and recreate the links between the base morph, the other morphs or bend involved, and the corrective - a lot of work.

I meant that I only found ready-made morphs in sliders, not manuals.

What you described seems to work "vice versa" - I first turn the whole body into a Genesis morph and then "return" the parts I need using dForms.

But there must be a way to simply trade, say, the "Genesis 2 Arms" slider and the "Bodybuilder Body" slider, if you take them both to 100% you will get a bodybuilder with a huge torso, arms and head, but normal legs. Has Daz3D really not created any options for separate morphing over the past 18 years?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021

The morph importer route is the way of splitting, or there is Shape Splitter in the store. But no, there isn't a way to limit the scope of a morph on the fly.