Fabiana Appreciation Thread

MissLeahMissLeah Posts: 17
edited April 11 in The Commons

Rather than necro a (very old) thread I found to thank Fabiana for her beautiful creations, I figured I'd start a new one to welcome her over here at Daz. Welcome Fabiana!

The first time I saw those gorgeous ear chains in a promo pic here, I knew I had to try to find out where they came from. Found them on the other site and wishlisted them, but never got around to buying them, since I do all my asset buying here. You better believe all the things I had wishlisted over there went directly into my cart here on Monday, when Fabi joined as a Daz PA. Now I can decorate my characters with the jewelry I knew they were meant to have.

Thanks and welcome, Fabi! I can't wait to see what else you have for us.

DSF_Tali_Pensive.jpg
533 x 800 - 451K
Post edited by MissLeah on

Comments

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 806
    I've long been a fan of her work. Of all her products I have, I think I use her Quilted Shaders the most. Whether it's the shader base, the quilting/embroidery options, normal maps, or all the above, I find myself going to that folder quite frequently. https://www.daz3d.com/Shader-Plan-Iray-Quilting-and-Embroidery I also like her Theory of Light-the Heavens https://www.daz3d.com/Theory-of-Light-3-The-Heavens , if nothing else than for the parented spotlights.
  • MissLeahMissLeah Posts: 17

Ooh! Those are gorgeous lights! Thanks, ZippyGuitar! One more item for the wishlist. laugh

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388

I want to chime in, I own quite a few Fabiana items from Rendo, and literally EVERYTHING is just amazing. She puts so much thought and care and love into her products. I'm overjoyed really that she's finally here as well, and I'll get the new stuff ready-made for DIM.

I especially adore the lighting sets (Theory of Light) - as already mentioned above, they are absolutely gorgeous, with many different settings and add-ons provided. If you like a bit of a painterly feel to your renders, try them! - Sadly, the fabulous 'glow helper' from the now retired Alter Glow set doesn't work anymore since the DS update that killed the old-method ghost lights, but everything else is still simply great, and maybe even that will get a remake one day (one can hope, that Glow Helper did amazing things).

Even more, I love the Shader Plan sets. The shaders are so, SOOOOO gorgeous and versatile, and they're ridiculously small in file size because she really knows how to work with Iray, instead of simply throwing mega-size texture maps in there to make things look good and realistic. I use them all the time and plan to buy the few that I haven't got yet (also hoping for more).

Lastly, those new dForce necklaces with beads - such a superb set, and so cleverly made. Recommend them to everyone who wants realistically behaving jewelry in their renders.

But really, like I said, anything from her store is excellent, and it will behave as promised in the promos. Go Fabi! heart

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,041

You can add me to the list of long-term fans of Fabi's products! 
    I started my collection by buying her products for Aiko 3 at 3DCommune almost 20 years ago laugh

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

I do a lot of kitbashing and otherwise massaging the assets I buy, but I scarcely have to do this with Fabiana products because they're so versatile and modular right out of the box. It's so freeing, and it saves me so much time during the stage of every render in which I inevitably put a half-dozen of the tiny rings from Espiritu Bohemio on a character. (I have bought like three versions of Espiritu Bohemio for various generations and I look forward to buying the Genesis 10 one.) She has also seemed incredibly nice every time I've run into her on the forums here.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,327

As I've said before, I'm a hardcore fan of Fabiana's work. Not only do I love her design and the variety of her materials and morphs - the way she handles the goldsmithing side of her models is also a delight.

I am a trained goldsmith myself and have worked in this profession for some years, so I can see whether a jewellery model would be feasible, realistic and stable in 'analogue' form. Fabiana's models fulfil my personal requirements. I can't buy 3D jewellery models that I can see would fall apart in 'real' form the second time I wear them, sorry. It's a personal quirk of mine. wink

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316

Leana said:

I started my collection by buying her products for Aiko 3 at 3DCommune almost 20 years ago laugh

Back when they only did stuff for Poser, it took them a long time before they turned to DS stuff for ages I remember they wouldn't even consider DS users. There were quite a few creators who once took that stance.

• FabianaFabiana Posts: 119
    MissLeah said:

Rather than necro a (very old) thread I found to thank Fabiana for her beautiful creations, I figured I'd start a new one to welcome her over here at Daz. Welcome Fabiana!

The first time I saw those gorgeous ear chains in a promo pic here, I knew I had to try to find out where they came from. Found them on the other site and wishlisted them, but never got around to buying them, since I do all my asset buying here. You better believe all the things I had wishlisted over there went directly into my cart here on Monday, when Fabi joined as a Daz PA. Now I can decorate my characters with the jewelry I knew they were meant to have.

Thanks and welcome, Fabi! I can't wait to see what else you have for us.

After a long day driving I arrived to my hotel stop and sat to check forums... And to find this thread brought me a wide smile and a couple of sensitive tears. I just can say thanks, just can keep offering my heart inside every product and being happy each time I get to know my customers are satisfied. That's my very goal. So, big thanks, forever. Me
    Well, ZippiGuitar, we have similar favorites!!!! Thank you so much,it's flattering and a honor to know my brained shaders got good smart users! Gives me wishes to try more! Blessings to you Fabi
    tsroemi said:

I want to chime in, I own quite a few Fabiana items from Rendo, and literally EVERYTHING is just amazing. She puts so much thought and care and love into her products. I'm overjoyed really that she's finally here as well, and I'll get the new stuff ready-made for DIM.

I especially adore the lighting sets (Theory of Light) - as already mentioned above, they are absolutely gorgeous, with many different settings and add-ons provided. If you like a bit of a painterly feel to your renders, try them! - Sadly, the fabulous 'glow helper' from the now retired Alter Glow set doesn't work anymore since the DS update that killed the old-method ghost lights, but everything else is still simply great, and maybe even that will get a remake one day (one can hope, that Glow Helper did amazing things).

Even more, I love the Shader Plan sets. The shaders are so, SOOOOO gorgeous and versatile, and they're ridiculously small in file size because she really knows how to work with Iray, instead of simply throwing mega-size texture maps in there to make things look good and realistic. I use them all the time and plan to buy the few that I haven't got yet (also hoping for more).

Lastly, those new dForce necklaces with beads - such a superb set, and so cleverly made. Recommend them to everyone who wants realistically behaving jewelry in their renders.

But really, like I said, anything from her store is excellent, and it will behave as promised in the promos. Go Fabi! heart

Thank you, again and again for so much love. I'm on my way trying to develop those Helpers you are missing. I promise I will come out with a solution,for you :) Thank you for all the pretty words about me and my work!!!!
    Leana said:

I know you, from the very start. Long road, enduring artists,thank you!!!!!!
    caravelle said:

As I've said before, I'm a hardcore fan of Fabiana's work. Not only do I love her design and the variety of her materials and morphs - the way she handles the goldsmithing side of her models is also a delight.

I am a trained goldsmith myself and have worked in this profession for some years, so I can see whether a jewellery model would be feasible, realistic and stable in 'analogue' form. Fabiana's models fulfil my personal requirements. I can't buy 3D jewellery models that I can see would fall apart in 'real' form the second time I wear them, sorry. It's a personal quirk of mine. wink

EXPERTISE is a so rare and elusive good... I would love to have your expertise on the jewelry crafting,in real life. So it's a huge honor to read your comment. And gives the feel that the products have found the best world for them to live. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.
    Ninefold said:

I do a lot of kitbashing and otherwise massaging the assets I buy, but I scarcely have to do this with Fabiana products because they're so versatile and modular right out of the box. It's so freeing, and it saves me so much time during the stage of every render in which I inevitably put a half-dozen of the tiny rings from Espiritu Bohemio on a character. (I have bought like three versions of Espiritu Bohemio for various generations and I look forward to buying the Genesis 10 one.) She has also seemed incredibly nice every time I've run into her on the forums here.

I love when customers/artists/users put hands on the products and customize by themselves. It's flattering but also a ticket to the "enhance future sets" wild ride. I take it! And I am 100% that being nice and polite is the right thing. Education, elegance, respect. Each one owe to the others, always. My pleasure!!!
    scorpio said:

Leana said:

Back when they only did stuff for Poser, it took them a long time before they turned to DS stuff for ages I remember they wouldn't even consider DS users. There were quite a few creators who once took that stance.

You're very right I was into Poser and didn't want to change. Then discovered DS and it caught me, made me to grow a love! I wish I discovered it years ago. So I thank to all the ppl that insisted, they were right!

Fabiana said:

tsroemi said:

I especially adore the lighting sets (Theory of Light) - as already mentioned above, they are absolutely gorgeous, with many different settings and add-ons provided. If you like a bit of a painterly feel to your renders, try them! - Sadly, the fabulous 'glow helper' from the now retired Alter Glow set doesn't work anymore since the DS update that killed the old-method ghost lights, but everything else is still simply great, and maybe even that will get a remake one day (one can hope, that Glow Helper did amazing things). (...)

Thank you, again and again for so much love. I'm on my way trying to develop those Helpers you are missing. I promise I will come out with a solution,for you :) Thank you for all the pretty words about me and my work!!!!

YES, Glow Helper resurrection! yes Thar's great to hear. Please don't feel pushed though, I'm sure you got lots of other fantastic stuff in the pipeline as well. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,447

i have 18 items from the other store, the Theory of Lights, all of them, Alter quite a few , and jewelry. All the work is top notch. Its great to see you here, Fabiana. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,168
    edited April 16

I bought the Fabiana Velvet Shaders and the Blankets. The only disappointment with this purchase is that Daz didn't bother to add useful metadata. Everything is lumped in Lost and Found, without types, categories, or compatibilities. This is no fault of Fabiana. Metadata is supposed to be created by Daz after PAs submit their products. Fortunately for users, Fabiana has things well organized in the Content Library folders. I'm in the process of creating my own metadata for these two products, because I rely on Smart Content for efficient workflow.

I used the velvet shader on the dress, draped a blanket over her shoulder and added one of the feather earrings.

Karmen HD Librarian Hair Blanket.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,589
    edited April 19

...any chance we might see updates for some of the Gen 4 items to G8/9?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • barbult said:

I bought the Fabiana Velvet Shaders and the Blankets. The only disappointment with this purchase is that Daz didn't bother to add useful metadata. Everything is lumped in Lost and Found, without types, categories, or compatibilities. This is no fault of Fabiana. Metadata is supposed to be created by Daz after PAs submit their products. Fortunately for users, Fabiana has things well organized in the Content Library folders. I'm in the process of creating my own metadata for these two products, because I rely on Smart Content for efficient workflow.

I used the velvet shader on the dress, draped a blanket over her shoulder and added one of the feather earrings.

I'd love to create metadata for the ear and face chains products but I'm not sure how to go about it. Do you know of a good tutorial anywhere on that?

Hi @Fabiana, I hope it's okay to post this question here - it's just that I've run into a tiny bit of bother with the G9 expansion of the lovely Piercings set. So, I used the male version on KOO Kevin for G9 (picked the right folder as well, the one with all the G9 presets in it), and somehow, the topmost cuff doesn't seem to fit while everything else does. And what's more, I cannot figure out which of the (plentiful) adjustment morphs could fix it. It looks like the cuff needs to move inwards, but I can only find morphs that move the whole set, or that rotate the cuff. Am I overlooking something, what can I do? Help would be much appreciated, thank you!

(Am attaching pic!)

Cuff not fitting on KOO Kevin.png
    723 x 711 - 3M
    Hello @tsroemi Sorry for the delay, I am traveling. You can easily fit it using the morphs in the ALL MORPHS parameter dials, in Parameters Tab. There is : Move In-Out Big and Small, Move Front-Back Big and Small, etc. Those will do the perfect fit. Let me know if it worked for you :) Fabi
  • ElorElor Posts: 702

Seeker Stock Art said:

Do you know of a good tutorial anywhere on that?

If you're still looking for one, quoting @memcneil70 from another recent thread about metadata:

memcneil70 said:

The best metadata tutorial I found that managed to get through to my brain was by SloshWerks, https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=FQQ9uLhMSKQ. It is older and if you search on the web for 'how to install metadata in DAZ3d' you can come up with a variety of other offerings, some newer that I haven't looked at. They might be more relevant for you now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=FQQ9uLhMSKQ

• Elor said:

Seeker Stock Art said:

If you're still looking for one, quoting @memcneil70 from another recent thread about metadata:

memcneil70 said:

The best metadata tutorial I found that managed to get through to my brain was by SloshWerks, https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=FQQ9uLhMSKQ. It is older and if you search on the web for 'how to install metadata in DAZ3d' you can come up with a variety of other offerings, some newer that I haven't looked at. They might be more relevant for you now.

Thank you @Elor! Appreciate it.

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 478

I've been buying up Fabi's products since I found her back on 3DCommune and been following her ever since! My absolute favorite set of hers and a go-to for pretty much any render I create is The Shader Plan - Iray Satined Textiles! Had to do a bunch of flipping back and forth between Rendo and here when her stuff moved over so I could keep track of what I have between the two sites lmao

Fabiana said:

Hello @tsroemi Sorry for the delay, I am traveling. You can easily fit it using the morphs in the ALL MORPHS parameter dials, in Parameters Tab. There is : Move In-Out Big and Small, Move Front-Back Big and Small, etc. Those will do the perfect fit. Let me know if it worked for you :) Fabi

Hi @Fabiana, no prob at all, I wasn't in any kind of hurry! And it's really sweet of you to check the thread for questions anyway. I will try the Move Front-Back again I think, maybe I just didn't use it quite right. Cheers!  

• MissLeahMissLeah Posts: 17

Hi @Fabiana. Do you have any tips for fitting the cuff to non-human ears? So far, I've had to do it manually by moving, scaling, and translating the parts where I need them. It's worth the effort to me to use the ear chains on my characters, but I didn't know if I was missing an easier way to do it. Thanks so much for answering our questions!

• dennisgray41dennisgray41 Posts: 750

Seeker Stock Art said:

Elor said:

Seeker Stock Art said:

memcneil70 said:

Thank you @Elor! Appreciate it.

\This is a good start, But it could use an update and I cannot get things that are parts of other things to work. 

https://www.daz3d.com/bunnylisious-outfit-for-g8f?_gl=1*4q46iy*_up*MQ..&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqN6T49355AIVjYCfCh0fNA8CEAAYASAAEgJklPD_BwE

For example, making the cufflinks work with the cuffs.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

I've been buying from Fabi since her days at 3D Commune. It goes without saying that she is one of the best PA's in this little niche of ours, if not the best. heart smiley ​