just a last question before I'm off here

Daz3d didn’t answer my support request for giving me access to the Carrara SDK. I provided them with billing address and order number of Carrara 8.5.1 Pro purchase and time stamp. That was a week ago. I also asked in the support request why something like the Carrara SDK is not listed as part of the Product List in your purchases.

I could get a Carrara 8.0 SDK (Beta). Question to Carrara Plugin experts:

Will I be able to develop working plugins with the Carrara 8 SDK Beta Version for 64 bit Carrara 8.5.1?

Other than that, I'm pretty much done here.

I'm off then!

so long and thanks for all the fish.

It's not as if I haven't purchased anything here.

I rarely took freebies, as they don't hit the mark with girly underwear and Unicorns in Pink. I'm more the hard Sci.-Fi type that opens Space portals to kick off unwanted pink Unicorns from space!

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

I enjoyed your images and your insights.  Best wishes for your future endeavors.  Pop in again sometime.

• RuudLRuudL Posts: 190

I don't known for sure whether it is possibly to develop a working plugin with C8_SDK_8.0.0.215 for Carrara 8.5. I've never used it. Most likely you will not be able to use the newer features/functions. But you can always try. "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" Or do you rather prefer a fettbemme with pickles ;)

The documentation is exactly same as the one in the C8_SDK_8.1.1.12. So you can setup a developement environment as described in the documentation (Overview.pdf). And later, when CarraraCafe.com is back online again, you can replace/refresh it with the latest SDK. On windows you also need the QuickTime toolkit from Apple.( see page 10 Overview.pdf) More on that can be found in the Carrara SDK Developer Discussion forum.

The big question is: What do you want the plugin, that you are planning for, to do? Perhaps the functionality is already available in an other plugin. If not, I might be able to tell if it is even possibly. Maybe even develop it for you.

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 117

RuudL said:

I don't known for sure whether it is possibly to develop a working plugin with C8_SDK_8.0.0.215 for Carrara 8.5. I've never used it. Most likely you will not be able to use the newer features/functions. But you can always try. "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" Or do you rather prefer a fettbemme with pickles ;)

The documentation is exactly same as the one in the C8_SDK_8.1.1.12. So you can setup a developement environment as described in the documentation (Overview.pdf). And later, when CarraraCafe.com is back online again, you can replace/refresh it with the latest SDK. On windows you also need the QuickTime toolkit from Apple.( see page 10 Overview.pdf) More on that can be found in the Carrara SDK Developer Discussion forum.

The big question is: What do you want the plugin, that you are planning for, to do? Perhaps the functionality is already available in an other plugin. If not, I might be able to tell if it is even possibly. Maybe even develop it for you.

sounds good

PM?

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192

Fettbemme said:

Other than that, I'm pretty much done here.

I'm off then!

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Take care, and good luck with your 3D work.  Yes, many of us have had disagreements with DAZ, but hang around to share discoveries and keep track of the many great product creators.  And Carrara still lives on.

yes

sounds good

PM?

Although PM is an option, I believe that it is beter to post your functional description here in this thread. 

RuudL said:

sounds good

PM?

Although PM is an option, I believe that it is beter to post your functional description here in this thread. 

If I pay you for it, you can of cause do with the Plugin as you see fit. If you want it OpenSource. OK. Let me know.

I prefer it to be OpenSource.

RuudL said:

I prefer it to be OpenSource.

Great.

For the Plugin is already some source code to start with. But as I don't have any SDK, I cannot say that it will work.

I would send you the partial code via PM. Then, you can have a look and decide. This way, because I don't know if this is against any regulations here. Or competing products.