We need to be able to sort sale items by category!

I was excited to check out the gateway sale items in this catch up sale to see what I might have missed - until I remembered that we can't sort sales by category. We need to be able to separate out environments, clothes, poses, etc - instead of just figures! At 28 pages worth of items, I just don't have the time to sort through and see if there's something that I'm interested in. I'm not currently in the market for more figures, but if I had an easy way to see the other stuff that's on sale then I might wanna buy some of it! Just my two cents.

Comments

• Anxious3102 said:

I was excited to check out the gateway sale items in this catch up sale to see what I might have missed - until I remembered that we can't sort sales by category. We need to be able to separate out environments, clothes, poses, etc - instead of just figures! At 28 pages worth of items, I just don't have the time to sort through and see if there's something that I'm interested in. I'm not currently in the market for more figures, but if I had an easy way to see the other stuff that's on sale then I might wanna buy some of it! Just my two cents.

100%   Adding my support for this idea - it would be so incredibly helpful! 

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Or filter OUT what you don't want to see. For me filtering out all the female charcters/clothes/poses I am not interested in would make the lkist allot smaller and easier to look through. But filtering to only Male content means I don't get to see environments and props etc. I might buy.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,387

Absolutely, but we've been asking for a feature like this for ages already.

• edited April 14

Maybe it got changed - again! - since I last tried, but there was/is a category section under filters. But it only worked on the main sales page, not with promo selection or search pages. The 2 places we really need this.

ETA: I wish Daz would also allow to filter by price. They did long, long ago...as in the gen 4 days, or early Genesis 1 at latest. So handy when you're on a budget or trying to use "$X free items" deals.

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • CricketCricket Posts: 437

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Maybe it got changed - again! - since I last tried, but there was/is a category section under filters. But it only worked on the main sales page, not with promo selection or search pages. The 2 places we really need this.

ETA: I wish Daz would also allow to filter by price. They did long, long ago...as in the gen 4 days, or early Genesis 1 at latest. So handy when you're on a budget or trying to use "$X free items" deals.

You can do this - select price high to low in the drop down under "sort by" 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

tsroemi said:

Absolutely, but we've been asking for a feature like this for ages already.

So true.  The fact is that the store could be a LOT better organized and have far more useful funtionality... as the third party add-ons and utilities like DAZ DEALS clearly demonstrate... but the DAZ web team has always seemed to be far more interested in coming up with promotional gimmicks and flashy graphics than providing a pleasant shopping experience and stable storefront.    

• Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 499
    edited April 15

100% agree here. It is very cumbersome to go through pages of items, just to find what I'm interested in. Filtering characters is possible, but if I only search for items and buildings, I have to got through a huge amount of other stuff.

Post edited by Singular3D on
  • Cricket said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

You can do this - select price high to low in the drop down under "sort by" 

I do that all. The. Time, but it isn't very helpful if it's a selection with several hundred or thousand items.

And finding items that add up to approximately $X is difficult when there happen to be stacking &/or competing sales, where item prices will change based on what is in the cart. For example, the St. Patrick Day $50 of free DOs in the middle of March Madness.