The Conjuring Opps XI Haunted Artifact Room

Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,299
edited April 14 in The Commons

Well made model and artifacts. Been a while since I saw the movies so not sure how accurate it is.

https://www.daz3d.com/xi-haunted-artifact-room

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

Which movies?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,400

IDK, but it reminds me of "Haunted Manson" with Eddie Murphy

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,041

Silent Winter said:

Which movies?

Given the thread title, I'd say The Conjuring films (I've not seen them)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,853
    edited April 15

I almost bought it yesterday but if it's based on something no thanks

I was thinking of those peculiar oddity and curiously museums with fake artifacts popular in tourist spots

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Viktor_Wynd_Museum_of_Curiosities,_Fine_Art_%26_Natural_History

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064
    edited April 16

I don't know much about it, but I did think at first they were just movie props.  I wonder if any of those props have functional morphs, like the display door, or the clapping monkey.  I don't see those details listed.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • LilwolffLilwolff Posts: 174

I think it is based on the Warrens Haunted Museum, but not  enough to cause problems with any copyrighted items. Example: would be Annabelle (doll) which has several movies,

The museum is still closed but I am sure you will find it somewhere online. 

I think Xivon did an excellent job and all those props and building for the price, IMO is a real steal. 

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,299
    edited April 16

I was referencing the Warrens Haunted Museum from the Conjouring movies, I thought my title reference was obvious but I guess not, sorry about that.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,853

Ah a real place not just a set in a movie

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-warrens-occult-museum-monroe-connecticut

are many similar museums but yes Xivon seems to meticulously copied this one

I could always swap out props and artifacts if at some time I still buy it now aware, not quite as awkward as copying a game or movie franchise

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635
    edited April 16

Leana said:

Given the thread title, I'd say The Conjuring films (I've not seen them)

Silent Winter said:

Which movies?

Faeryl Womyn said:

I was referencing the Warrens Haunted Museum from the Conjouring movies, I thought my title reference was obvious but I guess not, sorry about that.

Ah, now that you both say it, it is obvious, lol. Thanks. I've not really seen those movies so I guess it wasn't in my brain when I read it.

Post edited by Silent Winter on