How to "purchase" Blender bridge?

BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237

I have the Blender bridge in my cart, but when I click on Place Order, it tells me no payment is required and nothing else happens.  I tried clicking on Place Order over and over again, and it just keeps saying no payment required.  How do I get the bridge?

Comments

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,109
    edited April 14

You don't have a Place Order button off to the right?

edit: Oops, I read you wrong. Place Order should do it. Does it not show up in DIM afterwards?

Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,239

diffeomorphic is free

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237
    edited April 14

It doesn't show up in DIM.  I personally don't like using DIM.  I actually like manually putting things in DAZ.  I looked at Diffeomorphic, and I can't figure out how to download it.  What I'm trying to do is import a character I created into Blender with the textures applied.  I followed the steps precisly in a tutorial I watched on how to add a DAZ creation into Clip Studio Paint as a 3D character for my drawing.  When I import my created OBJ, there are no textures.  The video's creator has a character imported with textures applied.  Mine won't.

Post edited by Boorsman on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,974

lilweep said:

diffeomorphic is free

So is the Daz Studio to Blender Bridge.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,789

All Daz to XXX Bridges are free, you can just Place Order.... Bridges plugins can be only installed via DIM, in Ready to Download tab - Download Filters, tick Plugin as well as Blender.

When you want to export characters / props to OBJ with textures (only diffuse maps are supported...), tick "Write Material Library" in the export dialogue box, and if you use DS version < 4.22, you have to make sure there's no space character in the file name of OBJ... otherwise you won't get diffuse texture map in CSP.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,974

Boorsman said:

It doesn't show up in DIM.  I personally don't like using DIM.  I actually like manually putting things in DAZ.  I looked at Diffeomorphic, and I can't figure out how to download it.  What I'm trying to do is import a character I created into Blender with the textures applied.  I followed the steps precisly in a tutorial I watched on how to add a DAZ creation into Clip Studio Paint as a 3D character for my drawing.  When I import my created OBJ, there are no textures.  The video's creator has a character imported with textures applied.  Mine won't.

Did you click the Place order button? No payment required means you don't need to specify a payment method, but you still have to complete the order.

This doesn't make sense.  Up until just now, whenever I clicked on Place order, it just took me back to the page with No payment required.  I don't get it.  Thank you Butterflyfish, Lilweep, Richard Haseltine, and Crosswind for your help.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,789

I just placed an order for Daz to 3ds Max bridge, it worked (I used Firefox)... Pls dbl-check... or try another browser, maybe.

SNAG-2024-4-15 002.png
    2409 x 577 - 58K
    SNAG-2024-4-15 003.png
    1369 x 1052 - 147K

Oh, I guess I should have been clearer in my last post.  I got it to work.  Now, to just get it to work inside Blender, but that's unrelated here.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,334

Boorsman said:

Oh, I guess I should have been clearer in my last post.  I got it to work.  Now, to just get it to work inside Blender, but that's unrelated here.

Watch the 'How to Install' video on the product page; that includes instructions on getting it to work in Blender.