Analogue jcm for Anatomical Elements?

pra8edn1kpra8edn1k Posts: 0
edited April 16 in New Users

Hi all

I want to create jcm an analogue only for genitals. Tell me the right path to take.

How do I imagine it:

1 way

-I import the model into BLEDNER(diffeomorphic).

-I do "Merge Geografts" . 

-I can create new ones "shape keys". Everything is good and beautiful, but since the model mesh has changed I can't take it all back to Daz studio.

2 way

-I import the model into BLEDNER(diffeomorphic)

-I do "Merge Geografts - geometry nodes".

-Now I have 2 meshes.I can return a body with a ready-made morph back in DAZ the form *.obj.

-Genitals can also be returned back daz studio (obj), but the sculpting process itself is terrible since we already have 2 meshes and the seam is constantly visible.

3 way

-Change the number of polygons in the standard model daz (sew the genitals to the body).

-I import the model into BLEDNER(diffeomorphic).

-Сreating new morphs and bringing the whole body back daz.

-There are probably many risks here that I don’t know anything about yet.

Please tell me in what direction to move.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

Well, I have no idea about what an analogue JCM is... but if you want to make pJCMs on a geo-graft of anatomical elements, actually you need neither of the above ways, as well as diffeomorphic add-on (standard import / exporting will do, neat and fast...)

1. After posing the figure as needed, just export the anatomical element (Base Resolution!)  via File - Export... (wavefront OBJ). Use the settings in screenshot 1. Import OBJ into Blender, sculpt its shape as needed, export to OBJ file.
    2. Import OBJ file with Morph Loader Pro with the settings in screenshot 2. (create new or update an existing pJCM...)
    3. If it's a new pJCM, set ERC Link in b/t the joint rotation(s) and pJCM in Property Hierarchy.

Be noted:

1) Since the geo-graft is conformed to the figure's body mesh, you don't have to worry about issue of seamlessness. Just sculpt on it in Blender as needed, with Mesh Boundary option or Mask(s);
    2) If you do need the figure as a reference when sculping on the geo-graft, export the figure + geo-graft to OBJ file by Ctrl + Selecting them in Scene pane (with the settings shown in screenshot 3). But before export, remember to press Alt Shift + G to make the geo-graft floating, otherwise their mesh will be merged...

SNAG-2024-4-16 009.png
    527 x 552 - 52K
    SNAG-2024-4-16 011.png
    776 x 641 - 45K
    SNAG-2024-4-16 012.png
    527 x 552 - 52K