Spinning and spinning

CerragCerrag Posts: 242
edited April 16 in Daz AI Studio

That's all that's going on for most of Daz AI Studio today.  Yesterday it worked Great but today, ... not so much.  It's not generating most of the images, 2 out of 8 at most and I've tried two different browsers, changed my settings in Daz AI but nothing is helping.  I just signed up for a PAID subscription yesterday too so I'm kind of *really disappointed.  Any advice for a workaround or better yet, DAZ, ... can you please see what's going on?  Cause everything on my end yesterday was Perfecto!

It's also not saving my Generation History.   What an absolute downer.

DAZ AI Spinning.JPG
608 x 602 - 24K
Post edited by Cerrag on

Comments

• creed2003creed2003 Posts: 66

Cerrag said:

That's all that's going on for most of Daz AI Studio today.  Yesterday it worked Great but today, ... not so much.  It's not generating most of the images, 2 out of 8 at most and I've tried two different browsers, changed my settings in Daz AI but nothing is helping.  I just signed up for a PAID subscription yesterday too so I'm kind of *really disappointed.  Any advice for a workaround or better yet, DAZ, ... can you please see what's going on?  Cause everything on my end yesterday was Perfecto!

If you try and render something that is against the TOS this is what happens. Try rewording your prompt and see if that helps. 

• CerragCerrag Posts: 242

Thanks and I've been just using varations of the same prompt, over and over and nothing inappropriate that should trip up the TOS.  But I appreciate your tip and will try it again anyway.  It's just that I did that same thing yesterday, exactly as I am today, and no problems at all so it doesn't make sense to me.  indecision

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,739

Had the same problem before, and it's not the prompts being against the TOS. Had one day when I was getting all 8 generations just spinning, following day with same prompt they generated out in less than a minute.

Looks like DAZ might need to upgrade the Hamster !

• AnitaLeeAnitaLee Posts: 41

I fins that if I try to get too specific with my propts it just spins and spins, which is unfortunate.  I had thought of upgrading but does not make me feel like it would do any better.  It just can not handle really well developed propts.  Nothing that would be against TOS

• CdpiersonCdpierson Posts: 70

Cerrag said:

You're not the only one this is happening to today.  For awhile this afternoon, I could get one image generated, then have to reload the page to do another.  Eventually, it just stopped doing anything except spinning.  I decided to wait and see if it's improved by tomorrow.

edited April 17

Yep - Hamster needs upgrading .....

Spinners 1.png
    1054 x 530 - 313K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • creed2003creed2003 Posts: 66

Its doing the same for me today as well so it's not a TOS issue

Out of 8 images attempting to generate, I am averaging 3 images generated and 5 swirlies. Come on DAZ, fix-up that hamster !!!

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,337
    edited April 18

it's not a TOS issue

It is not always a TOS issue.

Clearly, at the moment the server seem to struggle for some reason.

This morning there was not a single series where all 8 images finished generating.

I retested with prompts that used to work before:

If you try and render something that is against the TOS this is what happens. 

If you see 8 slots not generating an image you very likely used a word that is flagged for some reason.

Censorship example

safe version

This is the safe version of the prompt that should not trigger any issues when servers are working:

portrait of a man(buzzcut,),  relaxing on a deck chair, aloha shirt, long shorts, beach, palms, golden hour, depth of field,

edited: Retested after servers were functional again:

works  now as expected...

Flagged prompts - topless

The prompt asks for a topless man on the beach:

portrait of a man(buzzcut,),  relaxing on a deck chair, topless, long shorts, beach, palms, golden hour, depth of field,

Without any doubt the word "topless" triggers censorship.

The image generator does not make a difference based on gender and situation here and does not display any generated images.

The underlying issues

• Without a proper log and error message system the users will not be able to tell why exactly their prompt failed.
    • Some prompts will very likely trigger censorship even though the users may not even be aware what they did wrong.

Daz-AI-beach_Michael-9_shorts.jpg
    945 x 549 - 82K
    Daz-AI-beach_Michael-9_shorts_aloha-shirt.jpg
    955 x 566 - 78K
    Daz-AI-city_denim_aloha-shirt.jpg
    936 x 517 - 84K
    Daz-AI-space_flight-suit.jpg
    932 x 610 - 92K
    Daz-AI-beach_Michael-9_topless-shorts.jpg
    935 x 544 - 38K
    Post edited by linvanchene on
  • 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967

I concur,  I am only trying 1 image at a time as I am only practicing with how to make prompts ... and that 1 image gets stuck spinning ... this has been happening for 24 hours ... and I am also a paid member.

Remember, this is a Daz Beta ... we should expect some problems as it is developed.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,362
    edited April 17

On occassion, when the constant spinning happens, I just start a new session, and type in the single word -  pizza.

There maybe many rules under to hood that we do not see.  A user directed message would certainly be a welcomed addition to this process.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,362

But veggie pizza,  had it swirling again.  Perhaps there are other issues at play this morning.

veggied.jpg
    269 x 729 - 55K
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,189
    edited April 17

Same here, spinning and spinning. When you refresh the page I think it leaves a slot in the server still "occupied" and "busy". Over time this might overwhelm the system. 

When you refresh the page the inquiry should reset on the server. A system reboot might be in order.

Post edited by RexRed on

It seems to have cleared up for me.  I don't want to say too much for fear I might jinx it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,010

Cdpierson said:

It seems to have cleared up for me.  I don't want to say too much for fear I might jinx it.

The servers were kicked, or something along those lines.

Richard Haseltine said:

Cdpierson said:

You shouldn't use technical jargon with people over 70, Richard.  It just confuses us.

Richard Haseltine said:

Cdpierson said:

Poor Hamsters, running on empty - then getting booted for their efforts .....