Question About Scene Identity

I love the fact I can fit using items from one Genesis version to another through scene identity. It occurred to me that maybe there is a way to save the new fit, particularly for hair, since that is what I recently used it on.

Can a hair for G3F that's been fitted to G8F with scene identification be saved as some sort of fit preset, and if so, what are the steps for doing that?

As an added question, can the same be done with clothes and other items?

Comments

• TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 241
    edited April 22

Unless I'm missing something here, if you've set the compatibility base to the figure you're using, and fitted it, you can simply save it using File -> Save As -> Support Asset -> Figure Prop Assets.

Just in case I was misunderstanding what you're actually asking, I did this for Actual Wet Hair (G3) from... somewhere not in Daz' store...  on a G8 base and it saved and then reloaded perfectly without auto-fit. Should be the same for clothing but there's a few more steps, especially for shoes/boots/heels - those you're going to have mostly sort out manually but easily done.

Full tutorial from Sickleyield here - https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-Convert-Clothing-G3-to-G8-G8-to-G3-686682065

The irrepressible Jay Versluis also has a video on the topic:

Post edited by TimberWolf on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,336

Nope you're not missing anything and thanks for the info and the video.