Historical Items (especially modern and non-Western)

There are tons of quasi historical items that are more fantasy than historical, especially for medieval Europe. I want to do more truly historical renders from a wide variety of time periods and locations. For example, I would be thrilled to see historically accurate outfits (military, wealthy, and average Joe) and props (weapons, household items, etc.) for the following:

• Renaissance and Reformation era (there are a few items that fit this period, but very limited)
  • Age of Revolutions (American and French Revolutions, Napoleonic Era, 1848 Revolutions throughout Europe and Latin America - I have found a couple of guillotine items that are nice for French Revolution)
  • Age of New Imperialism (British and French in Africa, Middle East, India, and China - European and indiginous dress and backgrounds)
  • WWI (all sides of the conflict, military and civillian)
  • Depression Era around the world
  • WWII (I am absolutely amazed that there is literally almost nothing in this category for Daz Studio! - Nazi and other Axis paraphenalia as well as Allied; air, land, and sea props)
  • Historically accurate Samurai armor (I'd take any time period; there are several "samurai" outfits, but none of them have traditional armor)
  • ancient and medieval and early modern Chinese armor/weapons as well as civilian dress (esp. Warring States Period, Tang/Song, Ming, and Qing dynasties)
  • Indian (from India) from multiple time periods (especially Mughal era and into more modern times)
  • Mongols! There could be lots of fun with this group.
  • Historically accurate Persian (Xerxes era, Seliucid, Sassanian, Safavid)
  • Historically accurate ancient Mesopotamian (Babylonian, Assyrian, Chaldean, etc.)
  • Historically accurate ancient Egyptian (lots of stuff here, but the best was for M1 and V1 and needs an update; I have some for Genesis, but not very accurate)
  • Historically accurate medieval Middle East (Abbasid, Mamluk, Ayyubid, etc. etc.)
  • Historically accurate medieval Africa (Ghana, Mali, Songhai, Kilwa)
  • Historically accurate pre-Columbian Americas (Aztec, Maya, Inca, etc.)

Some of these items are available for Poser, but I have had little luck for Daz. While it takes more work to make items historically accurate, I believe they would be more versatile because they can still be used in fantasy renders, proverbably killing two birds with one stone.

If anyone knows where to find such items for Daz that I am not aware of, please let me know!

Thanks for considering!

Comments

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    Holloko said:

There are tons of quasi historical items that are more fantasy than historical, especially for medieval Europe. I want to do more truly historical renders from a wide variety of time periods and locations. For example, I would be thrilled to see historically accurate outfits (military, wealthy, and average Joe) and props (weapons, household items, etc.) for the following:

• Renaissance and Reformation era (there are a few items that fit this period, but very limited)
    • Age of Revolutions (American and French Revolutions, Napoleonic Era, 1848 Revolutions throughout Europe and Latin America - I have found a couple of guillotine items that are nice for French Revolution)
    • Age of New Imperialism (British and French in Africa, Middle East, India, and China - European and indiginous dress and backgrounds)
    • WWI (all sides of the conflict, military and civillian)
    • Depression Era around the world
    • WWII (I am absolutely amazed that there is literally almost nothing in this category for Daz Studio! - Nazi and other Axis paraphenalia as well as Allied; air, land, and sea props)
    • Historically accurate Samurai armor (I'd take any time period; there are several "samurai" outfits, but none of them have traditional armor)
    • ancient and medieval and early modern Chinese armor/weapons as well as civilian dress (esp. Warring States Period, Tang/Song, Ming, and Qing dynasties)
    • Indian (from India) from multiple time periods (especially Mughal era and into more modern times)
    • Mongols! There could be lots of fun with this group.
    • Historically accurate ancient Mesopotamian (Babylonian, Assyrian, Chaldean, etc.)
    • Historically accurate ancient Egyptian (lots of stuff here, but the best was for M1 and V1 and needs an update; I have some for Genesis, but not very accurate)
    • Historically accurate medieval Middle East (Abbasid, Mamluk, Ayyubid, etc. etc.)

Some of these items are available for Poser, but I have had little luck for Daz. While it takes more work to make items historically accurate, I believe they would be more versatile because they can still be used in fantasy renders, proverbably killing two birds with one stone.

If anyone knows where to find such items for Daz that I am not aware of, please let me know!

Thanks for considering!

you have my support on this and I add a whish to accurate roman chlothing for women and men G3F and G3M

• < kendo armor, will buy.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418
    Holloko said:

Thanks for considering!

Strongly supporting your request! What we need is more historical, and less fantasy stuff called 'Roman', 'Greek', 'Egyptian' or sth. E.g. every 'centurion' outfit I ever saw was lacking the distinguishing sign of a centurion, the traverse helmet crest, which doesn't request much research.

I hope you don't mind that I picked my personal choice from your excellent list!

• HollokoHolloko Posts: 75

Glad I'm not alone!

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823

I would LOVE  Napoleonic Era uniforms, and some semblance of accurate horse gear for any era.  I hand painted Napoleonic Figurines, and I miss doing it.. with my hands DAZ is my only creative outlet.

I agree with this list.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Err, I'm confused.

Historical items - especially modern? :)

• nicstt said:

Err, I'm confused.

I would consider 1900 to 1945 modern, wouldn't you? Some of the items requested were clothing items from the First and Second World Wars.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

I would especially like Nazi-themed costumes to turn up, specifically for horror-themed and superhero/villain renders. I can only imagine what a properly HD skeletal figure with glowing green eyes in such a costume would look like in an Iray render, these days!

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576

< kendo armor, will buy.

Seconded! I'd love a fully detailed Kendogi and Hakama as well.

• I've been searching for historically accurate uniforms worn by British forces (male and female) during World War 2.  There are a few games around that feature British combat troops, but there doesn't seem to be any 3D models to extract the uniforms/clothing from.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    nicstt said:

Err, I'm confused.

I would consider 1900 to 1945 modern, wouldn't you? Some of the items requested were clothing items from the First and Second World Wars.

Not really; especially if you take the first ten to tweny years of that era.

... but I was trying to get my head round modern historical items; it made me smile. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

When one is studying it there is indeed both Modern History, History and Ancient History.

•  

Sometimes the less well known variation is just as historically accurate as the version everyone knows well.

• additonal i wish arabic + islamic clothes.

there is a sultan-outfit for M4 and a very good camel + very good desert-clothes for M6, but no really arabic clothes.

• Teofa said:

nicstt said:

Err, I'm confused.

sorry, I'm a history teacher. Modern world history is a relative term, but I was referring to items from the past few centuries as "modern" versus medieval or ancient! 

Here is an amazing example of what I think is needed to fill the gaps of historical pieces. I bought it as soon as I saw it and cannot wait to start playing with its incredibly versatile pieces. Thank you, @sigatak and great work!

http://www.daz3d.com/kibamusha-for-genesis-2-male-s-and-daz-horse-2

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

is interesting

• NathuadoNathuado Posts: 55

I'd love to have an accurate model of Joan of Arc's armour for Genesis 2 and 3 female (and hair style).  Metal bikinis are cool, but you have to get real at some point. smiley 

Nathuado said:

I'd love to have an accurate model of Joan of Arc's armour for Genesis 2 and 3 female (and hair style).  Metal bikinis are cool, but you have to get real at some point. smiley 

There are some decent suits of armor from the general time period, even for females. Some are old or for males, however, but might work.

Here is one for V4 http://www.daz3d.com/historical-armor-for-v4

I haven't tried it for females, but it might auto fit http://www.daz3d.com/old-world-knight-for-genesis-2-males

This one isn't super historically accurate, but it has a nice look, and I've used it for Joan rendes before https://www.daz3d.com/mercenary-maid-for-genesis-2-female-s

• I have been looking for WWII British uniforms (battle and parade) since 2011.  I found one paratrooper uniform, but cannot afford the $290 asking price.

Uniforms are needed for G2 or G3, both male (infantry/artillery) and female (ATS/WAAC including overalls).  Any assistance in locating such would be greatly appreciated.

• I would love a proper Saracen armor outfit for G8M and G8F, as well as some proper historically accurate Viking Age armor as well. It seems that the artists who sell here simply don't care about historical accuracy, as even a brief google search for any historical armor or clothing type will find you dozens of accurate images to reference, mostly from history books, or history websites. Also, artists on here seem to be more interested in doing cash grabs on any new movie or tv show that comes out, rather than selling content that people actually want. For example, when the dumpster fire of a game Cyberpunk 2077 came out, despite all the anger and outrage about the game being a pile of crap, artists here on Daz tried to capitalize on the game by producing tons of Cyberpunk themed content. I would have been much happier having access to some decent historically accurate content, than blatant cash grab content that became irrelevant as soon as Cyberpunk was discovered to be a sham. 

There is a nice looking historically accurate Norse women's outfit for sale, but I quickly discovered that it doesn't function correctly after buying it, and can't be made to work on any female character with more than an A cup chest size, due to the poorly designed shaping morphs for the dress and its accessories. 

I was also super excited about the Shogun outfit that was released, it lookede fantastic, and seemed to be my dream come true for making accurate samurai in the O-yoroi style. But again, I was disappointed, as the various layers of the armor clip over each other, and lack the morphs to correct the issue. 

I've honestly become so frustrated with the Daz artists on this site, that I've started porting content from non-Daz artists into Daz studio for my own projects. Stuff I've found from artists selling general use 3d models on 3d market sites, as well as assets from videogames, tend to be more historically accurate, and are also far, far better optimized for rendering. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,689

I'm also very much interested in historically correct (well, as far as possible) clothing items, especially Medieval including Middle East, Victorian and 1930s era. I did a search for 1930s stuff just last week, thinking I'd come up with dozens of items as it's such a feminine and elegant style, but there's really very little, and some of it very old. I would especially love to see more everyday clothing of all of these eras, of the working people.

Also, it would be really, really great if PAs could in future consider to add a, like, 'modest' version to their tops and dresses, because many of the contemporary or fantasy items in the shop could actually be used quite well in historical settings - were it not for the shortness of the dresses and/or the cleavage shown by the tops. I realize long dresses require more bones and stuff than shorter ones, but a 'modesty inset' (I just can't think of a better term right now) should be rather easy to do, shouldn't it? I try to insert things like geoshells sometimes, but I usually get poke-through ...