How to make dforce cloth no skeleton?

I'm not sure if skeleton is the right term. Attched is two image to help me explain my question:

In p1 is the original cloth before simulation. In p2 is after simulation and you can see everthing is draping except the waist area. What I want is to have the whole cloth drape as if it's a piece of fabric, not a costume for any figure.

Does anyone know how to make it happen?

cloth1.jpg
707 x 478 - 97K
cloth2.jpg
707 x 478 - 56K

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,215

Check the surfaces. It looks like at least one of the surfaces on that dress has dynamic strength set to 0 so that it doesn't simulate.

• Gordig said:

Check the surfaces. It looks like at least one of the surfaces on that dress has dynamic strength set to 0 so that it doesn't simulate

Thank you but it doesn't work. I just checked the Surfaces. There's only one Dynamics Strength and it's set to 1, no matter I select the item or its children part. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

That may be a weight issue. One way is to firstly remove the dForce modifier and add the dForce modifier back to the dress.

Another way is to add a dForce modifier weight node to the dress so as to retrieve the weight map. Then repaint the weight.

• crosswind said:

That may be a weight issue. One way is to firstly remove the dForce modifier and add the dForce modifier back to the dress.

Another way is to add a dForce modifier weight node to the dress so as to retrieve the weight map. Then repaint the weight.

Thank you so much!  The first way of remove and add dforce modifier worked!!! 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

mengyiliu384 said:

crosswind said:

Thank you so much!  The first way of remove and add dforce modifier worked!!! 

No problem ~ yes