Under the hood

Hello!

When I today saw that Daz released an AI solution that probably puts together scenes with Daz assets and then generates images out of that, I was wondering how this was solved from a technical perspective.

Apparently, Daz assets get put together into a scene, and then are rendered. Is this done by running a Windows machine on a server with a Daz Studio instance that has a DzScript that loads the assets into the scene? Then, is it rendered on an IRAY server? Is it done directly in that scene?

Also, how are the assets stored? I highly doubt that there is a single server running to serve all AI generations. So there must be a network solution so that assets are not stored multiple times. This becomes especially interesting on how it was solved with the Content Database. Or was it replaced with a custom solution?

Some technical insights in how Daz solved this for themselves would be really valuable for me.

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,384
    edited April 26

Read this. 

https://blog.daz3d.com/introducing-daz-ai-studio/

"a powerful image generator made possible through our partnership with Stability AI. With the ability to select products to layer in as fixed elements in your imagery, we are excited to provide a new level of control to image generator users. "

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,114

Closing this as there are already plenty of threads, and this one seems to be starting under a major misapprehension - while Daz is working on soemthing more related to 3D this is an image-based AI, with the Daz-specific part trained on Daz' own promo images (not PA images or user art).

This discussion has been closed.