Can't install on Mac

I think this is a rookie prob, so I'm hoping a more experienced mac user than myself has an obvious answer.  I can't install hex 2.5; I get the error :

The directory /Applications/DAZ 3D is not writable by the current user

I have had no problems installing any other DAZ product, using the installer.  But hexagon won't use the installer.

1. is it normal that hexagon needs to be manually installed?

2. I have admin privileges as user - is this a permissions problem, and is there a simple fix?  I'm on 10.10.5

Thanks in advance - I searched and don't see this question come up a lot.

Comments

• Not a Mac user so please forgive me if this does not work. Try the manual installer, that's the one I always use with PC version.

• Thanks John - I figured it out.  It was a rookie problem, but I'll post the answer just in case there are any others as Mac-backwards as me.  All I had to do was go to the folder, Right Click on it, select "Get Info" and see that my username only had read privileges.  I changed that to read and write, and now I'm rolling.

Can't wait to start haxagoning!

• legrandaidalegrandaida Posts: 1
    edited January 2016

Hi! I've got the "You can’t open the application “Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Mac32” because it may be damaged or incomplete." error. I've bought and downloaded it here: http://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/prod/4222/ ;

Help me install Hexogon on my Mac, please!

UPD. Remove DAZ 3D and install hexagon again

Post edited by legrandaida on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2019

Hi! I've got the "You can’t open the application “Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Mac32” because it may be damaged or incomplete." error. I've bought and downloaded it here: http://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/prod/4222/ ;

Help me install Hexogon on my Mac, please!

UPD. Remove DAZ 3D and install hexagon again

You can't remove Daz 3d, but you can remove Daz Studio (DS)   wink

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Thanks krirobt! I got a same problem as yours, followed your advise and I'm now solved.