What is the difference between Base MAT and Full MAT with Horror Elves skin set?

Hexdrake21Hexdrake21 Posts: 91

Hello, I have AuraBlanca's horror elves skin set (not the characters) and I am having a bit of trouble. I thought that Full MAT put the materials on the whole body, including Daz anatomical elements. However, when I use the skin presets on the Horror Elves, there is no difference between the Base MAT and Full MAT settings -- when I attach the anatomical elements, nothing happens. I have tried selecting the character, the elements, and both the character and elements when applying the materials, and I get the same results. I have tried doing this with other skin sets, which also use the Base and Full MAT terminology, and everything works fine. Considering how specialized the skin is, it is impossible to match the coloring on the elements manually. Am I missing something ? Does Full MAT refer to something else ?

I checked the Runtime/Texture/AuaraBlanca directory and there are no maps for the anatomical elements there, despite the product saying those were included. Is it possible Daz did not install these for some reason, or do these go somewhere else

Post edited by Hexdrake21 on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,235

Without knowing which product you're referring to, or even which figure you're using, I would guess that the full mat adds things like displacement and maybe normals that aren't in the base mat. As for the anatomical elements, first off, do you know that the product in question includes mats for those? Second, are there any H.mats (hierarchical material presets)? Because those are what would apply textures to the figure as well as add-ons like gens.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,794
    edited April 27

Always check the File List info. on product wiki before buying if you have such a need of the materials of genital elements: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/92261/file_list

If you search the key word: genital but find nothing, it means the product gives no mat. of this genital elements. Furthermore, I saw no info. on the product page saying it includes materials / texture maps of genital elements...

And, for instance, if you check the file list of Victoria 9: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/87472/file_list, you'll see there're genitalia materials.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Hexdrake21Hexdrake21 Posts: 91

In the accompanying screenshot.there are two ways to put the skin on the character, either the Full MAT or Base MAT. I looked on the product and you are correct in that neither of AB's products come with anatomical Mats, I was just assuming the Base MATs and Full MATs refered to skin without elements and skin with.Since this is not the case, what is the difference ?

Screenshot 2024-04-30 134453.jpg
    396 x 888 - 98K
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,723

I don't have it.

But looking at the product page, I would assume the base only included skin, while full also included mouth, eyes, etc.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,794

From the time after Hierarchical Material Presets was invented in DS (2012...), vendors began to provide "Full MAT Presets" in their products. Yes, it loads materials on the figure as well as the attachments / wearables (sub-nodes), e.g. eyelashes, tears, brows, eyeballs, geo-grafts, etc.