Why can't I color the eyes?

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,762

It's not like I'm new to DS, lol. Been what, over ten years? When was DS3 out? Anyway. This is happening, and I can't figure out why.

I've reinstalled the figure and tried different materials from other G8F figures. No matter what I do, her eyes stay white, even in 3DL.

Ideas?

screeshot elsa.jpg
3443 x 1080 - 553K

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,361
    edited April 26

Something's mucked with the materials of the cornea and eye moisture layers (which are over the top of the other layers, and will thus block them), and most eye colour presets do not set anything for those surfaces (so won't reset bad parameters on those surfaces)

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,762

I can't imagine why it's this way out of the box ... but I'll look there. Thanks.

Is there an 'ideal' eye moisture and cornea setting?

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,796
    edited April 27

Load a base G8F, or a character whose eyes you really like

Save as Material Preset, unclick all boxes except Eye Moisture and Cornea

Apply Material Preset to problematic character

Post edited by Hylas on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,800

you can just use a water shader for the eye moisture and a glass shader for the cornea, works really good and I often do that when there are some reflections preset into the eyes

Both good tips. Thanks :)

• So glad I found this thread. I had this happen to a pair of G8 characters I was using earlier today, that I don't think I've used before. (Lee 8 & Sol for G8F)

So glad my bumbling like a novice has helped someone else, lol. I always feel like a newb every time I have to ask questions that seem so obvious for much newer users than me, lol.