Avoiding duplicate purchases

I noticed that Daz has brought in some artists whose products I've purchased on other websites. Is there any way to synchronize them to my Daz account that I have them so I don't accidentally purchase them again? Also, is there any way to grab the metadata, etc. for them so they show up in my smart assets?

Comments

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 406

As of now I run everything past my possible purchases past my list of purchased items before any purchase.
    Noting that that process is a Pain in the Lower Backside, It would be nice to have a way to Mark those things I have purchased at the other sites, so they are 

asbrainiac_d0d9ea3447 said:

Also, is there any way to grab the metadata, etc. for them so they show up in my smart assets?

The issue with the MetaData is that it has to be exact.
    Did the Content Creator copy the files directly from the other site and hand them to Daz 3D unchanged?
    OR 
    Did the Content Creator go back to their working copy, load it up so they could cleanup on folder and file structure (so the product adheared to the Daz 3D folder and file structure standard) and export a new product folder, before submitting the product to Daz 3D and their QC team.

If the Former the metadata will work splendedly... But if the Latter the metadata will be broken and there is enough broken Metadate out their already we don't need to add to the problem.

This why I've always advocated for a User Base MetaData team, with a QC Team, and a repository for Product Metadata files.

This discussion has been closed.