Looking at adding Daz Adobe issue

ThamerisThameris Posts: 1

Evening all

First issue is it appears to require a different program (sold by daz?) for just about everything you want to do.

Second issues is the Adobe thing. I really have no desire to go back to photo shop especially since it has gone subscription only with their mandatory cloud account requirement.

Is adobe like a mandatory thing?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

There is no reason to use the bridge if you're not wanting to work in Photoshop.  Lots of people do, but it's not mandatory or necessary for working with Daz Studio.  I'm not sure I understand the firest issue.  Different programs for what?

• Moved to Technical Help forum - if it is about Daz Studio we can move it there if desired.

If you are isntalling Daz studio and all its plug-ins then, as Cris says, you don't need GoZ or the Photoshop Bridge - they are there for people who have those applications but they are not required for Daz Studio to function and are not the only ways to achieve the additional features they support (editing textures, which can be done in any image editor and loaded via the durfaces pane, and creating morphs, which can be done with many 3D modellers and the results imported via Morph Loader).

What other things are you looking at that seem to require different programmes? As noted above, you can certainly usefully employ other applications but in both of the cases mentioned there are free options (Gimp for image editing, Blender for morph and model creation for example) and you don't need to do those things - certainly not when starting out. 3d art is a very broad field, Daz Studio - combined with other applications in some cases - allows you to explore the areas that interest you while using third-party content to cover the areas that don't.