Easy way to mirror poses? - Solved

Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

I've bought what seems like a million poses, and can never seem to find what I need (so few 'normal' poses, way too many 'glamour/pin-up' poses), so I always end up altering something close to what I actually want.  However, I'm really stuck.  I have the perfect kissing pose but I need it mirrored as they are leaning the wrong direction for my scene.  I usually just go into the Bend/Twist/Side-Side area of the limbs I need to change, but it doesn't seem to be working too well for this scene.  Is there an easy way to mirror poses?  Often the pose set you buy has mirror poses, but this set didn't (Couple In Love Poses for Michael 6 & Victoria 6).

Funny side note.... I just noticed that V6 in the promo shots has the 'lizard skin' problem I get so often.  hahaha  Nice to know it's not just me!

Post edited by Stryder87 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Does it do what you need if you select the two figures in the Scene pane, Create > New Group, then select the Group and Y-rotate 180?

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

Does it do what you need if you select the two figures in the Scene pane, Create > New Group, then select the Group and Y-rotate 180?

No.  Rotating the characters in the scene isn't what I'm after.  I need the poses mirrored.  I've looked at all the pose sets I could search for related to couples/kissing/etc.  It's like no one tilts their head to the right when they kiss.  hahaha

The closest I could find was https://www.daz3d.com/true-love (fourth promo pic, top left), but it's for Genesis, not G2, but I suppose I could fiddle with it if it didn't work too well.  I just don't want to have to buy yet another pose set (for one pose) when I have so many, and I have the perfect pose, I just need to mirror it.

Hmmmmm... this sounds like something Zev0 should come out with.  He works magic... it's right up his alley!  laugh

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Okay, so you want each of the figures mirrored.  Select the root of the first figure and use the Symmetry function (Shift-Y, or from the options menu in the Parameters or Posing pane).  The options you'll want are:

Nodes:  Root

Propagation:  Recursive

Direction:  Swap Left and Right

Trunk Nodes:  Mirror Across Y Axis

Check only the three Rotation transforms.

Then do the same for the other figure.

I'll give that a try tomorrow after work.  If that works, I'll declare it a "Great Success".  There will be cake and everything!  laugh

Ok, I couldn't wait until after work to give this a shot.  Went through your steps and... Great Success!  Worked perfectly.  Finally people tilting their head the proper way when they kiss!!  You just saved me a ton of time fiddling around!  Thanks so much!

Cake for all!  yes